keep it cool...!!!!

chops660

my new business venture and vehicle. remember and give me a toot if you see me... :thumbup:

and give me a shout if you need yer aircon done.... (in scotland) lol

unless am at a meeting south of the border of course.... :thumbs_up:

post-31-1151441827_thumb.jpg

post-31-1151442036_thumb.jpg

Edited by chops660

Good luck with it Chops-Hope it can pay for a flury back on the short ovals . :thumbup:

hope so to... :thumbup:

failing that i can always knock the windows out and have a go with the merc, It handles like a wheelie bin, but its already sign written... :rofl:

Nice car, you're a couple of weeks late though :lol:

How??? :blink:

The Jag has already had its air con recharged...its ice cold now :lol:

But, on a more serious note, as Rikard said, Good luck with the business. :thumbup:

Good luck with your venture Chops.... :thumbup:

Thinking about about you can come and fix mine, bought a 2001 Corsa with air con and it doesnt work, it has two buttons for the air-con, one for the air circulation and one for the air con it self, the air circulation lights up when you push it and the motor kicks in, but the aircon button doesnt light up and nothing happends, the fuse is fine, i checked that.... :banghead2:

Any idea's????

Vivadave169.... :king:

Thinking about about you can come and fix mine, bought a 2001 Corsa with air con and it doesnt work, it has two buttons for the air-con, one for the air circulation and one for the air con it self, the air circulation lights up when you push it and the motor kicks in, but the aircon button doesnt light up and nothing happends, the fuse is fine, i checked that.... :banghead2:

Any idea's????

Vivadave, sounds like you want re-gassing :blink:

Is this the air-con discussion thread then? :thumbup:

Edited by splinter

Good luck with your venture Chops.... :thumbup:

Any idea's????

when you say the motor kicks in do you mean the fan in the car? or can you hear the compressor kick in?

you should hear a slight change in engine noise also when it kicks in. the compressor wont kick in if its to low on gas, or the gap between the magnetic clutch has become to big. but i would think the light would still light up, it maybe the switch.... without being there to test it there isnt much i can really do... ;)

have a look at the compressor while the engine is running and the aircon on, and look to see if the centre of the pulley is spinning..?

Vivadave, sounds like you want re-gassing :blink:

Is this the air-con discussion thread then? :thumbup:

good idea.... :rofl:

Edited by chops660

Not sure where to look on my car for the things you mentioned.....

Vivadave169.... :thumbup:

under the bonnet ... :rofl:

sounds although it could be electrical. im pretty sure the light would still light up even though it was short on gas, but not 100% without being able to stick the gauges on it.

the recycle button will just be moving flaps about etc, to recycle the air in the car, thats the noises you will hear. the aircon should work with this on or off.

The compressor is number 1 in the pic, you will see two pipes coming out of it. (not the power steering pump!!!) but by what you are saying i can asume that the center will not be turning. You can spike the compressor with a positive source to see if it will clutch in.

cheers chops

post-31-1151659854_thumb.jpg

I checked the bits and pieces you mentioned and the compressor is working fine, after what you have said it looks like it needs re-gasing, as when air-con is on, the air coming out is warm enough to toast marsh mallows lol

What sort of cost am i looking at to get it re-gassed?

The car is a (Y Reg) Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Elegance Manual (5 Door)

Cheers for all your help.... :thumbup:

Vivadave169.... :2:

I checked the bits and pieces you mentioned and the compressor is working fine, after what you have said it looks like it needs re-gasing, as when air-con is on, the air coming out is warm enough to toast marsh mallows lol

What sort of cost am i looking at to get it re-gassed?

The car is a (Y Reg) Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Elegance Manual (5 Door)

Cheers for all your help.... :thumbup:

Vivadave169.... :2:

You should be able to get it done for around £40-£50 if you shop around.

There are quite a few mobile guys out there.

Cheers willie, i think super Al was going to drop some of my business cards in to you and pete.

cheers chops

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..