NZ series....... proposal

wrighty496

Lo everyone smile.gif,

Its been a few weeks since the NZs were discussed but we havent been ignoring it thumbs_up.gif (it has too much potential to be ignored if you ask me lol) so....... theres been a few conversations and a few proposals already that i'd like to open discussions on if thats ok?

My memory gets ever more sketchy with the advancing years (rofl) but i think discussions went along the line of the following........

One suggestion was for a 'normal' (individual) series, but there seems to be a teams culture developing here and Stav suggested that the teams could form the basis for a series, by each team having a 'home track' and then we race around the home tracks for a calendar.

This kinda relies on the number of teams who enter, but i'd be happy to support this (with a couple of nomad teams for the non-teamed and new racers, again with their nominated 'home tracks'). If we had (for instance) 4 entered teams, and 2 or 3 pre-painted 'nomad' teams, that would give us 6 or 7 rounds to a series, possibly with a series finale at a new or neutral track.

Teams are forming at the moment with 4 members, but this has issues for the servers (i.e. i think we'd need 12 cars to make a decent race, but this needs strong servers) so we'd need (i think) 2 servers capable of carrying 12+ cars to make a meeting (then run A v B v Nomad1, C v D v Nomad2 etc), although an option to keep the nomads to 3-car teams might help.

We might have to run on thin, mind......can't be helped and the thin server racing i see in BWS is still quality stuff thumbs_up.gif .

Skins are being collected at the moment here so if you want to include a skin heres the place to go (the template for the car is inside your mod folder and the same template suits all cars). I've made the mod link sticky too.

comments, ideas, suggestions anyone? I'm looking for 2 servers for 10pm Friday nights (after Brisca Legends) but thats not a 'this week' thing.

ideas welcomed .............. Wrighty

added..........

Please feel free to post your team, and your home track in this thread...... Tracks should be dirt but can be a dirt variant of a UK Dirt track (i.e. BuxtonD, BrumD etc.) - Brisca-K-world and the NZ tracks that are available are welcomed too of course.

Edited by wrighty496

If meetings are at 10pm straight after Brisca Legends, it sure sounds logical to have Jolt given over to NZ for an hour or so then.

tut tut Al we've been through this already lol. I'm still happy to see this start as a private league, so we can lobby for Jolt time when we have something substantial to lobby with. You've been racing longer than me m8, and I know why you want to run in Jolt, but you know that before 2004 almost everything ran in private servers for meetings, and we still have a great set of leagues from that. I'm happy we can do that again (to the point that i'm trying to organize it lol)

Especially as the similar style of racing will probably mean a fair few BL drivers will double up in NZ.

mwaahahahahahaha sussed my timing ploy then smile.gif (please bear in mind that any Friday night meeting will NOT start until at least 15 minutes AFTER the Brisca Legends meeting is complete, so no-one will be asked to leave BL early thumbs_up.gif - until its part of UK Dirt, I'd rather work around UK Dirts times (otherwise we get called a dodgy league for trying to rob drivers lol).

Gents, we have the cars, the tracks, an offer of website space (with many thanks to Loopylee and the Outlaw series site) so its servers i'm after now - stout 10+ers if poss for a few praccy type warm-up sessions?

2.gif .......... Wrighty

post-32-1109582222.jpg

Edited by wrighty496

tut tut Al we've been through this already lol. Wrighty

OK Wrighty, if we can't we can't. I appreciate you getting things organised, so fair do. We'll just have to see how it goes with private servers - it's so long since I raced in one, I have forgot how many they can hold lol.

great stuff this mod been online 2 times now and think its the best ive enjoyed online in a long time beeing a friday and prob start time of 10pm will stop me a bit as getting up at 4.15am for work then a full weekend away racings gets knackering but think the friday is best day though as for teams i think teams of 3 will be enough so races with 3 teams of 3 will be great it proved it tonight in rubbers server you dont need lots to make it great and maybe to many will spoil it as in the real thing im sure they dont run lots of cars and teams in any races 2.gif2.gif2.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..