net disconnects every 20 mins

MichaelG - 38

some reason or another my net keeps disconnecting every 20-30 mins. Been happening for the past week or so...

below is a screenshot of all the connections I found,was bit confused, this something to do with the disconnecting? :shrug:

anyone have any ideas what it could be?

post-93-1152207272_thumb.jpg

Im no computer expert, but dosent look at all right!

Any pc I have seen only has the bare minimum amount of internet connections in the properties file, not as many as that anyway! :blink:

not a clue where they all came from, I only use Tiscali connection

Have you got any spyware that is meddling with your connection?

I personaly would remove all the user ######## icons and place them in a seperate folder, and just revert to using the tiscali connection and see if that makes any difference.

Also, connect up to the net and then use enditall to see if that highlights any programs that shouldnt be there.

it looks like you could have some o them premium line dialers, my granda got them on his comp, basically they call a premium line number outside the uk at £2/£3 a min etc, so you'd need to delete them, they cant do it through your broadband modem tho, only can be done through a 56k one on the phone line, so aslong as its not connected you should be ok

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..