My first sit in an F2 today

Mav

Finally got to drive an F2 today, snow and all blink.gif

NIR Track wet and greasy but put in about 50 laps or so in four sessions. Car went really well for what I asked it to do, managed to keep it on the track with only one huge snake but held it and carried on.

Being tall, or dumpy or clostrophobic is not handy for Daz's car as it seemed very enclosed and until he took all the seat padding out blink.gif my helmet kept getting wedged on the roof !

Daz also gave me a tester to what its like to be hit by another F2 - "Bloody Hell" - is all I can say, the clanging of metal, the forward thrust and the jolt it gives you is unbelieveable - then he told me he only tapped me !!!! blink.gif God knows what its like at full chat into a bend (he hit me on the straight smile.gif )

Although I was very confident in driving the car and keeping it under control to my standards, I am still apprehensive as to what it will be like with cars all around me, as I only had Daz on track with me (Never dared to go on track when Lee Robinson #107 was going round - Smart Car by the way thumbs_up.gif )

So its a big thumbup.gif and now looking forward to Hednesford on April 24th, where with more pre-meeting practice (hopefully in the dry), I may take up Stuart Ralph's #782 (Daz's helper today) suggestion that I could start at the front with the whites ohmy.gif

We shall see thumbs_up.gif

The pic is the car I practiced in today, and it had the red aerofoil on !! Unfortunately due to the adverse weather, none of my photographers would come !!!!

You getting coaching off daz Kitson then, Mav?

You are one lucky fella if you are, not many novices will be lucky to get advice from such a top driver.

Enjoy it Mav, and hope it gives you a good start to your racing - best of luck m8.

nice 1 maverick told you daz was the best man for the job cya at hendesford on april the 24th

8373[/snapback]

Yep - u were quite right m8 thumbup.gif

I told him today that he owes you a pint - he laughed smile.gif

2.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..