UK Dirt Website

Right, moan time :3:

Why is it that were basically having to use Kev's website to find out points updates etc (good work Kev and Mav on the F2's by the way) But the UK Dirt site was set-up so it was simple to just put in results and the points were done? Half the F1 points pages don't work - track championships etc etc, the results are all out of date - infact there's none from 2006. There's no build up or nothing?? The site's just used to book in and get server info.

The UK Dirt site should be the no.1 priority, it's what people look at and 1st impressions do count :thumbs_up:

I can't speak for the other mods, but in F2's I decided to spend the following 2-3 hours after the meeting (yes it takes that long and I am not hanging about doing them!) to get all the points / tables / website up to date so that correct information is at hand asap. It was one of my pet hates that it took days to update them in previous seasons, and when given the opportunity I wasn't going to let that happen.

Updating UK Dirt site is not as straight forward as you say tho BB, I was very fortunate to have Kev on hand to take me through it step by step, but if I had to learn this over say MSN, I would be very sceptical about what I was doing in case I deleted things instead of updating them.

We had a database crash a month or so ago, and quite a bit of info was lost, (I re-uploaded the F2 stuff as I had kept it all), but at that point the F1's tables were mostly up to date (Don't know about other mods as I didn't view those). Since then we have had to change the way we log in and to be honest can get confusing if you are not a "sure" person.

I would like to think that the other mods, if they are not up to date now that there are plans afoot to get them up to date, but as you well know with your own website in years gone by BB, its finding the time to do these things (and as I said before it is not a two minute process to update the info).

But I do agree with you BB, It is the ultimate place for our "Game" to be viewed and hence should contain correct and up to date information. :thumbs_up:

I know the time and effort that goes into the website - not knocking it but many people were commenting on it on Thursday in chat - such as the out of date rules and loads of things generally that have changed now but still remains the old stuff on UK Dirt.

Rods pages are mostly up to date i think.

Rules have the 06-7 rules on it, and fixtures.

Points charts are blanked, as the season is about to start, but was up to date when I got home from holiday and added the Last meeting points to it.

I've re-did the rods pages myself, but tried to make them look like the rest of the ukdirt site, so it appears to be included within the site.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..