339 RL F2 skin

erik

I attempted a RL skin of the 339 car which races at Crimond. Pictures of the car in question can be viewed here. Can anyone suggest a better font for either the numbers or the "OVERTON-GARAGE.CO.UK"?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Try Here then.

Link should work.

[attachmentid=8002]

Picture taken by me.

As You can see He hasnt finished painting the skin.

Heres the picture of Real life car.

Martin :thumbup:

post-783-1154354800_thumb.jpg

Edited by martwisely

The font's for the signwriting are pretty straight forward with some adjustments here and there (like what the signwriter did with the letter A). I can't think which font it is but it's not far off from the range Arial etc. Make sure that the "leg" on the R is pointing the right way.

As a tip, your grading is not right. It seem that you have copied the one side to the other. But when I look at the real picture I see the colour go from orange to white (left to right) where you have it the other way around.

Try to "bold up" the signwriting on the side of the car.

As for the numbers I am not sure which font that is either (can't be bothered to stroll through my font list) but I think it needs some personal tweaking as well. I think you have used either Bold or Compacta at this stage but like you say, they are not the ones you are looking for.

There is not much on the car yet so I can't tell if it's any good for a first attempt. Main thing is that you have the general lay-out from the signwriting ok (like having the gradient pointing the right way!!!).

Last but not least, why not paint the skin on the Higgy F2 model as the real life car is a Higgy as well?

As for the render, the field F2 racers over here run with that amount of ground clearance ;)

The font's for the signwriting are pretty straight forward with some adjustments here and there (like what the signwriter did with the letter A). I can't think which font it is but it's not far off from the range Arial etc. Make sure that the "leg" on the R is pointing the right way.

As a tip, your grading is not right. It seem that you have copied the one side to the other. But when I look at the real picture I see the colour go from orange to white (left to right) where you have it the other way around.

Try to "bold up" the signwriting on the side of the car.

As for the numbers I am not sure which font that is either (can't be bothered to stroll through my font list) but I think it needs some personal tweaking as well. I think you have used either Bold or Compacta at this stage but like you say, they are not the ones you are looking for.

There is not much on the car yet so I can't tell if it's any good for a first attempt. Main thing is that you have the general lay-out from the signwriting ok (like having the gradient pointing the right way!!!).

Last but not least, why not paint the skin on the Higgy F2 model as the real life car is a Higgy as well?

As for the render, the field F2 racers over here run with that amount of ground clearance ;)

Thanks for the advice Dragon :thumbup:

I didn't know what chassis the real car was, and I thought the Randall chassis looked most like it, but I will paint it on the correct model now that I know :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..