RE: the NZ 'meeting'

Ello everyone,

Just thought i'd start a thread to gauge peoples thoughts after last nights racing. Did the teams format work for you, which tracks you enjoyed the most, was 9 cars to a race enough to race how you wanted? (race or wreck that is lol).

I'd like to take this opportunity also to thank Stav DaveW and BigDan for providing servers for the racing thumbup.gif and of course all 19 (omg nineteen :S rofl) who arrived to race.

Fire away peeps, your opinions, thoughts and ideas will hopefully form the basis of a great league smile.gif

thanks in advance ............ Wrighty

defo up for a teams series each track having a own team and having skins to go with each track represented! and poss a indivual league basis too! you could run teams one week and a idivual mtg the following week then back to taems again.....

just my thoughts...

i did enjoy last.......

(ps great budge ya rodda )

Last night was the danglies m8.

9 cars per race was ok for personal servers but if NZHeat were to join Ukdirt and get access to Jolt!

thumbup.gif

I know moves are already afoot but the only gripe I had was the skins were too similar when looking in the mirror. shrug.gif

Well done to Leek and Trav. I reckon we made a great team with Team 805 winning every race we entered courtesy of LeeK's rodding skills 20.gif , Trav's fencing skills appl.gif and my own abilities at mobile chicanery........ king.gif

Friday nights look like being a lorra lorra fun with BL and NZ 9.gif

PS Who else found Prydie hiding amongst the emoticons?? lol bootyshake.gif

yeah had fun last night as as you know i aint very good at racing so i finally found a use for my poor driving skills !!

amount of teams seems ok maybe another team would add to fun but 3 in a team was perfect.

The only down side is if we have to start at 10 on a friday after BL might go on for a bit what about changing to a sat/sun afternoon ? Just a thought

Anyway thanks to wrighty for the organazation was good when we fianally got going !! 2.gif

and thanks to those that offered to provide servers for us to use appl.gif

was good but will drag on a bit if its its after brisca legends at 10 better off running on a saturday evening i reckon

was alrite in personal servers with 3 a team and 6 teams but would be better if in jolt

any chances of that?

cheers

big dan

Ello

From the races I took part in last nite, I would say overall it could work.

Races consisting of 3 teams with 3 drivers looked a good balance and to me is the only option if personel servers have to be used.

Downsides...

Bit of warp now and again but it ain't jolt after all.

Given that last nite was a 8:30pm start, I cannot see the 10pm start being a long term success. Just my view and I know options are limited.

Enjoyed meeting, Great fun, As said earlier some cars were hard to tell apart. I thought racing was better on Waikira (spell?), And didnt enjoy Kings Lynn or Bay Park. I think the mod is best suited to shorter tight tracks, keeping everyone busy.

Cheers

Mac

Was an ok meeting tbh but it has loads of potential, 10 pm starts will not last long IMO.

Only way I can see this working if it was to alternate with the BLegends as its the same style of driving but that aint gonna happen in the short term so its back to the drawing board banghead2.gif

Macs spot on when he says shorter tracks for these type of meetings 042.gif

Here's my 2p's worth

firstly i'd like to apologise for my server dunno what happened there as it was stable in practice b4 hand so sorry about that.

Secondly 9 in a race was perfect for small and tight tracks Bay park will be great online in jolt which will happen with these i should imagine as for start time not a lot can be done about it really unless u move it to follow ssc on a weds fortnight but as most peeps that were in there are Bl peeps 10 will work and at most ur only looking at a hour tops in private servers dunno why but private servers run quicker than jolt sometimes.

As for the practice meeting rofl bring it on was great racing

rofl.gif @ stav.. did i finish a race in top 4.... oh yeah... sorry... rofl.gif

thought the meeting went well..... really strange to be back on a thin server.... maybe most of us are used to jolt theses days.... and maybe why some of the above answers... thin is not as good as jolt... but the racing is still great. thumbup.gif

wed nites after saloons sounds good to me but thats only because will be 1 nite i race online... .... but point taken about most of us who race NZ are BL regulars.. may have trouble making some fridays.. with mech for spike on a weekend... reckon the i might have to score a few brownie points on a friday.... but i'm working on that 1... she has a nice pc.. and will run ukdirt... so unless i get shown 3.gif ... then i'll be there... thumbup.gif

Mr stav... you now seen the bumpers i make.... want me to make 1 for the back of your car... think you might need it.... 5.gifrofl.gif

PS Who else found Prydie hiding amongst the emoticons?? lol bootyshake.gif

8646[/snapback]

lmao @ uncle choob

i found one of you letting one or famous pet shop trumps go blowup.gif

i enjoyed the nz meet, even if i couldnt get into stavs server maybe due to a drink related illness.

roll on the next one

prydie

Edited by prydie9

• 1 month later...
Thought i would bring this topic back to the top as a cracking practice meeting was had then nothing are we still going ahead with this?( shame to see dragons work go tits up )

13032[/snapback]

whats on in the real world this weekend coming? we could organise a saturday eve thing if its quiet out there?

failing that, a 10pm friday sesh?

open to offers and will RM ir required  thumbs_up.gif

cya soon ........ Wrighty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..