Steve'Bulldog' Belfield 351

Cabs

I hope he does'nt mind me posting this here, but this was his response after being on the recieving end of Gus Carters fists on Sunday at St.Day.

I would just like to put the record straight, I started my banger racing at St Day, a track that to I loved to race at until unfortunatley it closed down, I turned up to race through thick and thin and no matter who tuned up, even when some drivers jibbed. Then it was off to Westworld to race where I have made many good friends and had some good battles. I will admit that I not the most spectacular driver ever to grace a banger track and I am usually on the wrong end of a good hit but I did my best and made the others look good, But I can say this I have never ever moaned or complained about another drivers tactics or hit's dished out me to any promotion or promotions officials, and I mean NEVER .

Some drivers put two and two together and come with five, and then lash out before they know the facts. Well boy's if thats how you want to play count me out. I have never treated anyone like I was treated on Sunday, and I didn't deserve the treatment I got, I just hope you are proud of your actions because it has finished me.

I would like to thank all the drivers, mechanics and friends that have wished me well and it is with a heavy heart that I turn my back on the sport I love.

Anyone that knows Steve will know that he is one of the nicest blokes around and it was totally unjustified the injuries he recieved as a result of this attack.

I for one hope after some time out he reconsiders and comes back into the sport he loves. He may not be one of the 'famous' people in banger racing, but it's the drivers like Steve as he says 'makes the others look good'.

Hope you reconsider mate and keep us all entertained for a long while yet.

Edited by Cabs

here here hope to see you back on track someday steve i was there sunday and when heard what happend was disgusted but then after hearing who did it was not suprised never seen what happend in pits so cant coment but did see steve walking around with a nasty bandage over his eye all the best steve

great shame to hear that cabs always a regular and like trav says hopefully he will reconsider. I think it's time the person that did this is banned for good as I remember the punch up with the bears at blockbuster, not a great advert for the sport.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..