Texel track

Kruiz 136

I have spent the last two weeks of my life in Holland visiting Venray and Texel, Texel despite being cancelled due to a water-logged track i could still enter the track to have a look at it as will probably never go back to it in the near future so i was intrigued to have a look at it.

From BriSCA Heats version i expected to find a large open muddy field with no fence.

But saw a smallish enclosed trench (a bit like warton) dirt track with commentry box.

I am just interested to know why BriSCA heat's texel is so different to the real thing or have i just visited the wrong track?

Just some pics of the present track...

[attachmentid=8585]

[attachmentid=8586]

[attachmentid=8587]

post-862-1156329699_thumb.jpg

post-862-1156329767_thumb.jpg

post-862-1156329805_thumb.jpg

I could be wrong, I don't really know much about texel, but i think the metal plating/fence was only fitted in recent years, and wasn't there when the track was created for heat. I might be wrong but that seems to be what i remember! :scared15:

The track you visited Kruiz has been build just a few years ago (2001??).

The track running in BriSCA Heat is the track that was used before this one and was on a different location then the current one.

The track in game still didn't come close to the real old one though..

Is the old track still there then?

If so i'm surprised i didn't see itas we spent the whole day on Texel island after we knew it was cancelled because my dad wasn't going to let the fair on the ferry go to waste!

Also, why was the new track built any paticular reason?

The old track has gone i believe, well it should be as it was like in brisca heat just a normal field where when there is no racing (2 races a year) its just a normal field for farmers etc where the sheeps can do some quick laptimes ;)

The new track is build because the track and facilities are far better then the old "track"

The old track has gone i believe, well it should be as it was like in brisca heat just a normal field where when there is no racing (2 races a year) its just a normal field for farmers etc where the sheeps can do some quick laptimes ;)

The new track is build because the track and facilities are far better then the old "track"

Fair enough, thanks for that information Frits. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..