help needed!!!! computer help!

hotrod331

hi lads ive been given a computer thats been in a freinds loft for a while but has 3 dvd/cd writable drives etc so its a lil better then mine as far as i kno lool!

but when i went to boot it i got this message

Fixed Disk 0:Fujitsu MPB3064ATU E-(PM)

ATAPI CD-ROM k^mml?stbgce-8160b-(sm)

then a box appears saying Enter pass:

can anyone shed some light on this!

and is a ATI 3D Rage Pro Turbo graphics card anygood?

cheers lads rodder!!! :scared15:

your best bet rodder is to formate the whole computer if youhave xp disk and theres a xp on the side of the comp you got try fromatting as you goingt o want a fresh comp to start with ant you that will get rid of sa lot of the stuff on there and youl have to download a few bits but i can help you with that

cheers dan

That is telling me that the previous owner has put a password on the bios of the motherboard.

I think you should be able to get into the bios when you switch on by pressing the delete key. You can normally switch it off in there. If not you will probably need to flash the bios to clear it or clear the bios by removing the pin on the motherboard.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..