Gordon Moodie F2

Guest rollcage97

Guest rollcage97

This is an F2 skin i did for martin379, my first real life skin (well guessed the wing lol) but other than that tryed to make it look the same, any feedback good or bad please

[attachmentid=9279]

[attachmentid=9280]

Also i did a white top one for marty to use in the league

[attachmentid=9281]

[attachmentid=9282]

Cheers Rc :2:

post-215-1158271589_thumb.jpg

post-215-1158271684_thumb.jpg

post-215-1158271760.jpg

post-215-1158271801.jpg

Edited by rollcage97

marty cant race that in the ukdirt league as its a replica :3:

They arent the same though if u look at the fin Real life one has stripes, Gold roof, Scottish flag gordons name and his number.

Martys doeasnt have the scotland flag on it nor does he have stripes etc plus it has his own name so therefore wouldnt be classed as a replica IMO!!

marty cant race that in the ukdirt league as its a replica :3:

They arent the same though if u look at the fin Real life one has stripes, Gold roof, Scottish flag gordons name and his number.

Martys doeasnt have the scotland flag on it nor does he have stripes etc plus it has his own name so therefore wouldnt be classed as a replica IMO!!

martwisely go and climb under a stone ....u dont even race ukdirt

imo it is a replica ...just changed to go with ukdirt grading rules

Guest rollcage97
:unsure: Humm, ok then, cheers for the feedback (well sort of :rolleyes: ) But guessing from the last few posts it looks like the real thing then :D Edited by rollcage97

O I never noticed the Scottis flag on the white wing before, but if that wasn't on iy would i be able to race it online? Also thought if you had something to do with the driver you were alowed to race it?

Edited by martin379

Dont race UKDirt 2's, and I aint pepared to go and crawl under a stone myself Pedz (wonder if you'd give the same reply to someone else?)

I've always been curious to why this "ruling" came about as to not being able to use a replica of a real life skin or whatever , I've only heard folk mention it, never actaully bothered to find out where its stated but what exactly is the reasoning behind it :shrug:

They do say "immitation is the greatest form of flattery"

:2:

Andymek (Still currently above stone level)

When me and Big Ben raced F1's, it was deemed 'too close' the car, as in roof colour, chassis and signwriting, and it only being a game....it was very hard to tell the two apart, as people were complaining they didn't know who was who.

If some people make replica's, as Dennis says....you'll have loads of cars looking the same on track. Personally, i think it's best to 'make your own' but understandable why some people want to 'copy' their 'favourite' driver.

There isn't an actual rule about this on the F2 rules page of the UK Dirt website, this is on the F1 rules

- Designs closely based on real life F1 or F2 cars are not allowed, unless raced by the driver in question (or mechanic thereof).

The F2 League used Brisca Heat F2 allowing people to use the real life skins that were in it till 2003 I think, when UK Dirt F2 was released. I think the F1 rule has become regarded as standard, for the reason that Dennis has said.

I haven't taken a rule not allowing real life skin copies off, so I'm guessing it was never there, Michael or Spike may be better able to advise though. Trav had a brilliant copy of the Farrell battenbuilt done by Dragon before I came into admin. I believe Trav has done some meching for Timmy so it fits the criteria.

No you can't have this one Marty, unless you have mech'd for Moodie.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..