A good Anti-virus??

Dazza290

I use G-Data Antivirus, VERY powerful. It's easy to turn off when you go racing. If you use it for the first time it's a bit anoying tho, it has to learn every outgoing connection to the internet. That means it won't let you on any website the first time. it checks every connection and asks you if it is allowed to connect, once the program nows these paths it's very easy to use. It comes with anti spam, webfilter, firewall and childlock.

The only wierd thing it has is that it gives a message from time to time regarding mIRC. It doesn't like that program for some reason.

If someone nows more about that, tell me. I could use some advice on that. I will post a screeny if i encounter it again.

Here is the message from my antivirus program,

(I had to translate some words from cloggy to english, sentences could be wrong.)

whilst opening the file "C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe" the virus "not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.614" of the engine "KAV" was discovered. file cleaned: No. file removed: No. file isolated: No.

I use a combination of AVG 7.1 professional (though AVG Free is good aswell) and Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. Dead quick and easy to confiure and also to turn off when racing, pretty cheap (about 30 quid for for a years subscription to updates) which is so little, considering the fact i havent incurred a single virus in a year and half of using them and very little spyware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..