Why didn't they mow the grass beforehand?

Dragon 428

Picture taken at Mijnsheerenland 8-10-2006 during the first heat of the F1's.

The grass was still 15-20 inches high when they started racing the meeting.

The downpoor on the night prior to the event caused for big lumps of grass being thrown up by the F1's. After a couple of laps this was the challange that all drivers had to deal with. Some drivers even had to make a pitstop to clean the mesh screen stopping near the exit of the track where a few mechanics or helpers cleared the grass from the mesh while the racing was still going on. You had to see it to beleive it.

post-96-1160302531.jpg

post-96-1160302539.jpg

Edited by Dragon 428

That reminds me of a field that we raced in years ago with a dirt club. I was one of the first ones to go out on practise, and I was told to follow the marker tyres round the track, then go wider and wider still on the next few laps to try and help clear the grass/foilage/bushes.

It was like driving through a ruddy jungle as the green stuff was well over the hight of the bonnet, the field mustve been left unused for years. :rofl:

Have to agree that the first heats wheren't that good to watch, from either in the car or from the outside, but i'd like to see some other pictures, like the final, to have an overall view and not all, who never seen dirttrack racing, people think pictures and racing like this is always the case!!! realy enjoyed the rest of the meeting :thumbs_up: (might have to do with junior540's performances though :rolleyes: )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..