Cowdenbeath Tonight

Badura_Racing258

What was your thoughts on tonights racing?

Thought it was decent, nothing special....until the last saloon race when it all livened up with a few crashed. The rain didn't ruin it too much, but it did sort out those that can drive, and those that can't....

Man of the season so far, got to give it to 175, he's been doing great, and it was good to see him pass/get stuck in about higher graded drivers, and compete, which sadly, doesn't happen very often.

Good to see 477 back out in his new Bingley, very nice car, but i believe he had engine problems (?) and the car wasn't doing what it was meant to do. Nice wee slogan on the front of the dash, added a bit of entertainment if nothing else!

Moodie doing well on both dry and wet surfaces to win 3 out of 4, with a Final/GN double and  the other going to Robbie Dawson. With Moodie taking the final win, the 'dirty boy' tactics were in full use, after he knew he had some competition, from the man on good form, only to slow down until the corner, peg him near the wall, and come away in the lead. Dirty i thought, very blatent but then again...like everything/anyone...you've got to do what you'vegot to do to win!

Nothing much in the saloons, with Wilson and Strachan (2) taking the wins. Roundy roundy stuff, but in the final...is where the action was! (the little of it...) with bumpers actually being used! Williamson taking out Wilson, for some unknown reason, and following him in, in the wet...knackering his tyre, then with Williamson behind Wilson, Heeps (Shock!!) stuck in about Williamson, only for the woose to stick on the breaks, and poof it out of a challenge. Had potential, but not many cars on show, with Cochrane opting to keep the car in the pits due to flu (So i was told?)

The English mini driver that was up (Todd?) done well, and looked on the pace picking up a win for his trouble of getting here, with some major crashes in the minis (Don't expect anything less!)

Bangers...speak for themselves...dire, as usual. It's annoying to see 'waving' on by Mr Grumpy, which i thought bangers was to smash, not race? Poofed out of racing, right from the start. He started on the layby at the corner, then he came to life after people had started smashing. Then again, there was only one mopper out so i guess team racing was a no-no and it's wrong to race by yourself...

Poor night, but it was alright in spells...

Poor Show tonight hack, but maybe expected too much after a pretty good meeting last week.

Cochrane blew his engine in practice, hence didnt race, and Moodie didnt make contact with McLean down back straight, Think Moodie was being cautious after the contact in the race before, Which was good stuff, while others ...Fortune etc are happy to watch moodie sail by without havin a go.

However if we are to believe the news in the mags this month, The yardstick will return...in the shape of Mr Speak debuting an evo elite, then we'll see if anyone is pedalling backwards. Heard all the rumours before, hopefully his is more than that and inject a bit of life into the sport.

Cheers

Mac

Oh and Mr Grumpy is a waste of space  thumbs_down.gif

Edited by Mac219

Wasn't the best meeting, maybe that was just because I couldn't be bothered with it, and wasn't interested in going really.

501, think he is a blue in May...

2 Finals in 4 weeks - not bad. even with Restarts now.

Don't know what 689 was playin at really, spinning cars the 'wrong way' into wall etc. Following in 246. But was good entertainment.

Nice to see Heeps havin a go at him as well after 689 did Heeps last week.

Some really fast cars out there, nothin between then really. 161, 851, 544, 689, 246, 501, 777 all about equal, and 117 too.

79 went well tonight yeah, Think he was bein cautious overtakin 175 after 175 hit him in the earlier race, allowin 854 nicely up the inside.

Where is this Speak-comback-page about?! I can't seem to find it, and if i do...not read it!

Was good to see McLean having a 'pop' at Moodie, but then again...i know there was no contact, it was still a dirty, but legit....move.

Fortune atleast makes Moodie work a little (or as i see it, Moodie is too scared to have a 'pop') and it's always interesting when Moodie goes to pass (if Brown, and Fortune...Don't move over at the very start..)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..