Chevy V8!

hotrod331

• 3 months later...

Looks very much like a 1966 or 1967 (Supernatural) Impala fourdoor to me. General proportions would make me think the '67 but the hood/grill were more peaked on that rather than the more flat-fronted 66. The 67 also had a slightly different curve in the rear door with a compound curve up into the window line above the coke-bottle curve in the waistline which the 66 model didn't have.

Interesting that its a fourdoor too though, as most of these were built for the police with all the police options: HiPo motor options, Appleton spotlamps etc etc.

Here's a picture of the car that the model was created from.

The yank is almost done, probably a week or so maybe longer lol

[attachmentid=14792]

post-55-1175483559_thumb.jpg

Just to add a bit more...

The body style was also known as the Biscayne/Belair/Caprice in the late 60's model years depending on the trim level, but the Impala outsold all the others and I'm pretty sure it was only the Impala and Caprice that were available as a pillarless 4 door, the other lesser models only being available in pillared versions.

CP

• 11 months later...

been so busy converting all the ukdirt cars to new physics any spare time ive had has been taken up with those :banghead2:

Not too keen on this model really anymore or the volvo i hear swindys making one anyway so maybe wait for that!

• 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..