Adobe Photoshop CS2

Kruiz 136

I have just downloaded Photoshop CS2 on a 30 day trial to see what it is like in comparison to my old Photoshop 6. On photoshop 6 I could move my layers pixel by pixel but on CS2 it seems to estimate where I want them and rather than moving them pixel by pixel it will jump about 50 pixels at a time around the other layers.

I want to know if there is any way to turn this feature off as it is not very accurate for painting skins as I can't get my text layers to line up properly bcause it keeps 'guessing' where I want the layer and I can't get it to where I want it.

Any help very much appreciated,

Kruiz

You’ve got a handy feature called "Snap" turned on, it "snaps" something you are moving to it lines up, but it doesn’t always know what you want to line up with! :rolleyes:

To turn it off go:

View ---> Then scroll down to "Snap" then click it.

[attachmentid=12125]

That will untick it, and you'll be able to freely move your stuff around. :thumbs_up:

post-775-1166116781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rikard

You’ve got a handy feature called "Snap" turned on, it "snaps" something you are moving to it lines up, but it doesn’t always know what you want to line up with! :rolleyes:

To turn it off go:

View ---> Then scroll down to "Snap" then click it.

[attachmentid=12125]

That will untick it, and you'll be able to freely move your stuff around. :thumbs_up:

Thanks m8 :thumbup: , very relieved, its not the best of tools whe your trying to paint a skin and move the layers around so that its pixel perfect. :coffee:

Thanks m8 :thumbup: , very relieved, its not the best of tools whe your trying to paint a skin and move the layers around so that its pixel perfect. :coffee:

Stick with it, Photoshop is much better then Paintshop (and the price reflects that lol)

:thumbup:

Stick with it, Photoshop is much better then Paintshop (and the price reflects that lol)

:thumbup:

I have never used paintshop, I used to have and still do, Photoshop 6, I just downloaded the trial version of CS2 to see how much more advanced it is, so far it looks to be mainly that it stuffs more pixels into an A4 piece of paper, but the printouts come out much better :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..