r factor help

just a dumbass question really. i just bought/downloaded r factor and am wondering if you need to download and install a mod in order for it to work as at present when you try to start the game a box with the r factor logo appearse, disappears and then thats it.

any ideas or any links to a tutorial on how to get started with it. ran a search on here but got no joy. :2: damo.

• 2 weeks later...

now got my new graphics card, the game works but i have a small niggling problem apart from the fact my driving resembles a drunken man :rofl: . every so often the game sort of pauses for a few seconds and then when it goes again im in the fence or wherever. any ideas? :2:

ps. many thanks to pedz whom without his help i would never have got this far. cheers m8.

now got my new graphics card, the game works but i have a small niggling problem apart from the fact my driving resembles a drunken man :rofl: . every so often the game sort of pauses for a few seconds and then when it goes again im in the fence or wherever. any ideas? :2:

ps. many thanks to pedz whom without his help i would never have got this far. cheers m8.

could be your Anti-Virus, I've read things about AV that use VET or something that causes staggering in FPS. I had a simular problem when using Norton, switched to Avast (its free) and the problem cleared. Other simple things could be a Defrag/ScanDisk/Spyware/Virus check just to make sure the Dis is'nt caching something it should'nt be.

Also make sure any background programs that are needless are turned off and stop and unessential startup programs through 'msconfig'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..