Goverment want more money out of us AGAIN

sashjag

Taken from another Website....

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a

tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will

cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a

rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take

the kids to school paid £86 in one month. On top of this massive increase in tax, you will

be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast

you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can

probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please

sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people

as possible.

Here

What will happen next :3::3::banghead2:

That would be a very dumb move by the government. Charging that much for using a car on public roads would have a huge damaging effect on society and the economy.

Seems like the government need to bleed us honest hard working lot dry so they can waste the money on housing anyone who waltzes into the country with 10 kids :thumbs_down:

The way i see it is this will not be allowed to happen. Any motoring group who appose this move if they had any sense would go to the European court of human rights and say that tracking a specific person is an invasion of privacy.

The way I see it, theres no way they'll get away with this if its true. If it does happen, when I turn 17, I will infact buy one of these boxes...but leave it in the garage.

But...nobody should go to the European Court of Human Rights. Thats exactly what the European's want you to do. We both need to leave the EU and get rid of this idiot Blair. However, petitions might have been effective 10/20 years ago, but don't really carry any weight now. There's online petitions for everything, so it means bugger all.

I hope it doesn't happen, as I was so looking forward to being able to drive, however, Eriks plan of leaving it in the garage sounds good. ;):banghead2:

Even better...fit it but take out the tracking innards so it no longer works.

People power is the answer!

If everyone just refuses to have a black box fitted to their car, what are the government going to do, bang everyone up?

It works in France, if the French people dont like what their government are doing, they just carry on and do what they want, regardless of what their government say.

It would never work in the UK as the people here are like sheep and just let the suit wearing tossers in Parliment walk all over them.

:coffee: Its yet another way of getting you to pay even more for using your car.

Bearing in mind that you`re already paying to the Government ; Road Fund Tax, Fuel Tax and Vat added on just for good measure.

They are raking in millions from these revenues very little is going back into roads and alike.

Even heard Mr.Blair himself say a couple of years back that we need to use the revenue to build schools and hospitals etc. (this removes the smoke screen that its an environmental tax,it`s just another tax!).

Bearing in mind the Government announces almost every week they`re coming up with little schemes to help this and to help that and you have to think to yourself who`s going to pay for that then and whether you agree on Government spending or not the fact remains that they`re spending far more money than is coming in. Small wonder that they`re always on the look out for other ways of raising cash.

Fact is the old motorist is always a good little earner for the Treasurey and with roads clogging up they`ll be telling us we have to pay more , it`s for our own good!

But what was one of the first Government cuts when it came to power, they scrapped all the new road building schemes that were planned (saving millions of pounds)thats why there are still unfinished motorway links that are dead ends and bottle necks that have been promised solutions for years and still nothings done.

This makes it appear an environmental problem and it`s our fault, they`ve even begun to talk about Carbon emmissions, globle warming etc. and wheeling out so called experts to back them up.

For every expert proving we can make a difference by leaving your car in the garage you`ll find another one telling us it`s all unproven clap trap (Dr. David Belamey to name one). :shrug:

What they`d like to see happen and what is practical maybe two different things in this case.

It could be the usual Government Spin which tells us all of this Black Box idea which seems unworkable then we`re all relieved when they scrap the idea and give us an extra Green tax to pay instead.

As they always say theres only two things certain in this life, Death and Taxes.

:2: Biffo

As they always say theres only two things certain in this life, Death and Taxes.

:2: Biffo

Well, if you're into cars like most people who use this forum, there are three things certain in this life. Death, Taxes and Rust.

People power is the answer!

I agree with that, We have the power, not the Government, who says we have to do what they want? What are they going to do about it if everyone ignores there requests?

The government will push people to far eventually and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a civil war breaks out, and im not talking about N v S at Hednesford this weekend. ;)

The government will push people to far eventually and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a civil war breaks out,

They've pushed me too far already. Although, a civil war is a bit far fetched lol.

There won't be a civil war...nobody will be on Blair's side.

Whos up for starting a revolt? :rofl:

:thumbup:

Hey Rickards Revolting !...........

:rofl:

Biffo

All you need is a horse and sword, and a mace, flail :rofl::thumbup:

We have more modern weaponry available in Scotland :thumbup:

Didn't realise you lot still used maces and swords.

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..