bangers and smash???

gary_cfc

i think there used to be a program on tv that was stockcars at arena essex and i think it was called bangers and smash

does any1 know what happened to it?

Hello :042:

Bangers and Smash was shown and produced by LiveTV. The company went into administration about 8 years ago oweing £7 million

The program was really bad, with very bad directing/editing. Awful commentator and sound effects. On the plus side, it showed everything from F1's to Bangers.

Sky relaunched LiveTV during 2005 showing 6 year old repeats of Bangers and Smash.

Unlikely that it will be shown again.

Oh how we miss LWT World of Sport. One of the only TV companies to show oval racing to a high standard on National TV

• 2 weeks later...

Oh how we miss LWT World of Sport. One of the only TV companies to show oval racing to a high standard on National TV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:thumbs_up:

Couldn`t agree more, still miss Dickie Davies with that Badger hair do introducing the action

and of course the best stock car commentator ever......... NIGEL KING..... :thumbup:

Regards Biffo

i remember the program on lwt as a kid called wheels i think. used to show speedway, truck racing and the national hot rod world final weekend. i was there in 1990 bout 15 yards from where the unfortunate accident happened in the salloons when a wheel flew in the crowd and the person died i think. was on daily mirror centre spread. it was then that the high catch fencing was introduced.

i loved wheels ... used to be on anglia tv at 10 ish on a thursday after go fising with john wilson :blink: i used to watch it when i got in from speedway ... i remember them showing the wisbech speedweekend when eaton and perry had there little bit of fun in the superstox world when eaton came to rest aginst the fence facing perry with half the front of the car missing lol and the four team tournament from peterbourgh in speedway every year .... im still looking for these tapes but cant find them anywhere

i loved wheels ... used to be on anglia tv at 10 ish on a thursday after go fising with john wilson :blink: i used to watch it when i got in from speedway ... i remember them showing the wisbech speedweekend when eaton and perry had there little bit of fun in the superstox world when eaton came to rest aginst the fence facing perry with half the front of the car missing lol and the four team tournament from peterbourgh in speedway every year .... im still looking for these tapes but cant find them anywhere

i have the program on video with perry and eatons ding dong on. if i remember martin brand was leading after that but his engine blew then gary sparkes and howard cole were nose to tail with sparkes pippin it. on the same tape i have the 1988 national hot rod world final with an irish fella in a royal mail liveried car winning it and then i have the 1990 spedeweekend on there aswell with the hearse and limo demo derby. i been looking for that vid for ages. also at the wisbech meeting you see a young jack overy coming 3rd in the ministox . epic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..