NEW PC

Chewy102

Just upgraded (again!). Mainly in preparation for Rfactor but also to stop the arguements over who's getting the PC :rofl: .

Having finally got the modem working (new PC didn't like the USB connection so had to dig out a proper ethernet cable) how do I go about transferring all my files from the old PC to the new ones for Ukdirt?

Biggest problem I have is that someone borrowed my NASCAR Heat disc and never returned it. Old PC will shortly be on a wireless network (assuming I can work that one out) so I will be able to retrieve all my setups / downloads via the network or failing that by burning them to disk so no great probs there.

I assume just copying everything over won't work?

Is Essentials ok to use? I have heard stories of it being less stable than the full install.

Any advice gratefully received before I make an erse of it :thumbup:

I use Essentials and I've never had any problems with it :thumbup:

Just copying the "Hasbro Interactive" or "NASCAR Heat" folders might work, I've tried this before, and if memory serves, it worked, but it might be better just to download it all again.

Good luck with setting up wireless :thumbup:

I copied the whole hasbro folder over from one pc to another and it worked fine. If you do get problems then the essentails file can be used ok...but run something like hot rod skinpack first or one with a full ui so you get the proper controls for online use.ps dont forget to locate the hasbro folder in the program files folder.

Once you have it running fine offline then if your comp is dual processor then check up in the forum for details of setting the affinity or you are likely to get online crashes etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..