Nissan Sunny Coupe

SheppeySwampy

Hey guys, i know the modellers are busy as ever these days, but i've been building a nissan coupe in my father-in-laws garden over the past few weeks and wondered if anyone out that would like some pics of it all stripped out for modelling purposes. Obviously you can all say no but thought i'd put the offer out there. theres a pic of said car below.

cheers

Chris 371

post-1477-1170081849_thumb.jpg

lmao bilge is aka feases :rofl: fwd poo including sunnys dolomites blueys cavs etc etc

not tin in other words :coffee:

Austin Princesses, Billy Blunders, Maxis and Joeys where always called Bilge by bangeraks, but now some lossys rate them as tin and material, how times change. :rofl:

lmao bilge is aka feases :rofl: fwd poo including sunnys dolomites blueys cavs etc etc

not tin in other words :coffee:

Austin Princesses, Billy Blunders, Maxis and Joeys where always called Bilge by bangeraks, but now some lossys rate them as tin and material, how times change. :rofl:

they are old bilge, sunnys and the like are modern bilge. "bilge" ide say is cars that just make the numbers up- ones you dont take much notice of. ones drivers have got 30+ in there yards, not tin. maxis etc are now old bilge= TIN :D

itsa coupe, not an estate (no rear doors) Dolomites/Toledos are deffo rwd. Think Hotrods gettin dolly mixed up. Its short for dolly bird (bluebird) not dolomite. I prefer "donald" for Donald Duck, the famous Blue Bird.

Tin is great, but these days if drivers only raced tin then there wouldn't be much racin goin on. Its easy to scoff at us for racin "bilge" in lightweight formulas but at least we're racin, not standin at the side makin arsy comments. :5:

Its easy to scoff at us for racin "bilge" in lightweight formulas but at least we're racin, not standin at the side makin arsy comments. :5:

I recon that in 10 years or so people will class Bluebirds, Primeras and Cavilers as "Tin"

Back in the 80's and early 90's Cortinas and Capris were very common, now i don't remember that far back but i assume people were like "oh look, more boring cortinas, thats all there ever is! It would be good if there was some more Tin like 20 Rover P4's racing each week"

Now people are excited when we see a few Cortina's and Capris! :)

So in 10, 15 years we will all be getting exciting when a nice Bluebird comes onto the track :thumbup:

Its easy to scoff at us for racin "bilge" in lightweight formulas but at least we're racin, not standin at the side makin arsy comments. :5:

So in 10, 15 years we will all be getting exciting when a nice Bluebird comes onto the track :thumbup:

Over my dead body.

the car in those pics looks like a sunny estate to me not a coupe. also a dolomite is not fwd unless my rwd one was special. :rofl:

It's definately a Coupe, I've got a picture of one 199 Phil Powell raced at 'One Sunny Day' at Smeatharpe, and after some research for my report I found it to be a B11 Coupe. Well that was a boring fact :rofl:

Dazza

lets clear up a few things about the smaller triumphs.

The first cars using the style of the bigger 2000 range etc were the triumph 1300 which was fwd. This was later joined by the 1500 model in fwd. Then a 1500 rwd model from which the dolomite and toledo arose was introduced with both fwd and rwd made at the same time for a short while. the front wheel drive models were dropped...then after a couple of years the toledo was dropped . the Dolomite staying on till the range got phased out about 1980.

Technically for a hedno pre 68 meet the 1300 and 1500 fwd models qualify while the rwd models do not..although a couple have been allowed to race in the past.

As for what constitutes bilge...its really a matter of personal opinion. In my eyes mk 3 ,4, 5 cortinas are all bilge as I started out when proper solid cars could be obtained and when the likes of mk3 tinas first turned up on track they were easy meat for the majority of the tougher older cars they were up against. The triumph was one of the most dominant cars of the 80's and very much overshadowed the mk3 in race wins and toughness and ability to be raced on all types of track.

Edited by reg126

the later dolimites are fwd as a m8 of mine's was fwd when he raced it

I thought that the RWD Dolomite was actualy a model called the Triumph 1300?

It shares its looks with the MK1 Triumph 2000, in the same way that the Dolomites look similar, but smaller to the Mk2 Triumph 2000's :shrug:

If Im right, the 1300 model came out several years before the Dolomite.

Just checked and the first Dolomites where launched as 1300 FWD's in 1965. These looked similar to the early, larger sized model Triumph 2000 range ( mk1 ). These Dollys where badged as 1300's or 1300tc's ( 1500cc's where only available for export).

In 1970 the Triumph 1500 FWD was launched with suprisingly a 1500cc engine and it recieved a revised body ( making it look more like the later MK2 Triumph 2000 range).

The Triumph Toledo was also lauched in this year, as a 2 door RWD shell, with the same engine sizes as the Dolly. The Toledo had single, square headlamps and looked like the Triumph 1500, but the 1500 had a pair of round, twin headlamps and the Toledo had square lights.

In 1971 the Dolly 1300 and 1500 FWD's where dropped and the Toledo became available with a 4 door shell.

Then in late '71 the RWD Dolly was launched featuring a 2000 engine ( and using the 1500 fwd facelifted shell, but converted to RWD) .

In '73 the 1500 FWD was dropped and replaced by a 1500tc RWD which shared the same shell as the Dolly.

In '73 the Dolomite Sprint was also released, with a 1900cc 16 valve engine.

Now it gets confusing!

In '75 the the Dolly 1300 is launched but it has the same square lights as the Toledo range.

The 1500tc then becomes the Dolomite 1500 and shares the same front end as the Toledo range, but a 1500 HL is also available, but with the Doll's twin headlights :shrug:

A 1850 hl Dolly is also launched.

In '76 the Toledo is dropped.

In '81 the Dolly is dropped and replaced by the Honda/Truimph, FWD pooh, Acclaim.

Hope that helps to confuse you all even more! :rofl:

Edited by mcrew

Its definately a coupe! :thumbup:

I had a RWD coupe and estate ( Sunny I think) both badged as Datsuns, which I mullered on grass years ago.

Fapping good fun they where and rather rapid too.

Used to race em all day in the unders classes as they was 1800's, then took 'em out in the ' all in ' grand finals and gave the V6 grannies a run for their money. :king:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..