rFactor problems

Kruiz 136

I have recently downloaded and purchased rFactor. I am pleased to say that it has worked. Unfortunately I am having problems with certain aspects of the game.

The first problem I encountered was that, some of the groups of cars don't work. For instance, the Sauber cars when selected simply crash the game stating 'Wrong GMT version error'

Secondly, other groups don't work either but don't crash the game, which is most of them, Formulas, Stock cars, Kodis, Vaylines, Raceworks amongst others don't show up on the circular platform thing when selected. I'm not sure whether this is an error or they have to be unlocked or something?

Also, the game lags quite badly especially around Sexbierum, when travelling at speed the surroundings/detail becomes very jumpy. I think this means I will have to upgrade my graphics card?

Can somebody please help me, as i'm disapointed having spent 25 quid on rFactor and it doesn't all seem to be in working order. :shrug::coffee:

Kruiz

Graphics card too m8. :thumbup:

Radeon X300 series. I think thats it :unsure:

yeah that'll be it! Highly recommend an upgrade as your other PC specs are just fine, I just got a 7600GT (256mb) for just £108. Lower spec cards are alot cheaper so you can find some bargains out there.

If however you cant afford an upgrade do the following:

1) get the latest drivers for the X300

2) Disable ALL un-needed background apps

3) Check that any Anti-Virus stuff is turned OFF, rF has a problem with AV files using VET or something. Avast is free and does'nt cause problems (at least on my machine)

4) Run the game in DX7 with no Anti-Aliasing at the lowest Res with all options on LOW/OFF then gradually work up until you get a respectable FPS

Tip: CTRL+F in game for FPS and Memory Meter Bar, you may have to hit CTRL+F a couple of times to get them both up.

hope that helps

yeah that'll be it! Highly recommend an upgrade as your other PC specs are just fine, I just got a 7600GT (256mb) for just £108. Lower spec cards are alot cheaper so you can find some bargains out there.

3) Check that any Anti-Virus stuff is turned OFF, rF has a problem with AV files using VET or something. Avast is free and does'nt cause problems (at least on my machine)

4) Run the game in DX7 with no Anti-Aliasing at the lowest Res with all options on LOW/OFF then gradually work up until you get a respectable FPS

Tip: CTRL+F in game for FPS and Memory Meter Bar, you may have to hit CTRL+F a couple of times to get them both up.

hope that helps

Thanks m8, thats a great help :thumbup:

I cant afford a new Graphics card atm so will try what you said.

Just one thing, how do i run it as DX7?

hope that helps

in your rFactor parent dir theres a file called "rF Config.exe", run that and under Shader Level select DX7. That should give you optimum speed so if you have loads of FPS after tweaking the ingame settings try DX8 just to see how much you lose, might not be as much as you think :)

hope that helps

in your rFactor parent dir theres a file called "rF Config.exe", run that and under Shader Level select DX7. That should give you optimum speed so if you have loads of FPS after tweaking the ingame settings try DX8 just to see how much you lose, might not be as much as you think :)

Thanks m8, will give it a try tomorrow :thumbup:

Just so I know that it is working correctly, which cars should show up in the vehicle selection page as defualt?

I currently have: Hammer, Howston, Rhez, ZR.

Is that right, or should there be more?

uumm cant remember exactly without looking at a fresh install of rF but that sounds about right, lower spec machines does'nt mean less cars will show up in game.

Ok, i downloaded and installed, 60's GT cars from rfactorcentral.com, but they don't show up in car menu? Do they need to be unlocked?

hmm no they dont need to be unlocked, did you extract the files to the correct places? (if they were zipped)

If you extracted the files to the right place, try clicking on the button circled in the picture...

[attachmentid=13277]

You should then have a screen like this and you should be able to select 60s GT cars or whatever their called from the Series Select list...

[attachmentid=13278]

post-718-1170756245_thumb.jpg

post-718-1170756344_thumb.jpg

It was an install patch, so everything should automatically have gone to the places. It was about 51.2GB so it was a full mod, everything should have been there. I can now get to the mod (thanks Erik). Now though, I have another problem. When selecting a specific vehicle e.g Cobra, the game crashes and comes up with this:

[attachmentid=13287]

:shrug:

post-862-1170776806.jpg

Edited by Kruiz 136

It was an install patch, so everything should automatically have gone to the places. It was about 51.2GB so it was a full mod, everything should have been there. I can now get to the mod (thanks Erik). Now though, I have another problem. When selecting a specific vehicle e.g Cobra, the game crashes and comes up with this:

[attachmentid=13287]

:shrug:

sounds like a specific mod problem, best bet is to uninstall the mod and reinstall to see if that works. If not do a fresh install of rF (v1250 is latest) and make sure the defualt cars are all there, then install the mod and try again. If you still get that error maybe re-download it from a different link as it could be corupted

Re-downloading the mod from a different link and installing that might work Kruiz, I remember having a similar problem with an addon track, and that worked for me :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..