Slight Warp issue

Dazza290

Hi all,

Finally got heat installed a couple weeks ago and have got round to trying it online. Everything is fine but every now and then my car will flicker and disapear (as if your being reset) whilst racing. It isnt warp as such but it is annoying and I dont think I would be bale to race online like it.

Im running End It All and dont have any programs running in the background so would it be something to do with the dual core? Aplogies if this has been mentioned before but I wanted to check if it could be that as I know the problem before with the Dual Core's was a crash log, and that isnt happening here.

Cheers in advance,

Dazzler

I would normally help but being as you now race for a certain silver banger team, I won't! :rofl:

Only joking of course (I'm not bitter ;)) Does the problem only happen while online or does it do it if you race offline too?

:rofl::thumbup:

The game runs fine offline it only seems to be online in which the car will flicker every now and then.

Dazzler

It could be something looking for updates, Windows, Anti-virus etc. does it do it after a set amount of time?

Thought when I had read this I had cracked it as ther were a couple of updates to do but it wasnt to be :unsure:

However, I had a thought. Im on AOL (Wireless) and the recommended router setup for it is Netgear. In my old comp I had a USB wireless receiver and everything was fine, good speeds etc, no warp.

However the new comp has got a Ralink (is that how its spelt??!!) wireless card already in it, and im thinking it maybe causes a conflict every so often? Does that sound a possibility?

Cheers so far,

Dazza

Before service pack 2 came out for XP I used to be able to sit on my sofa and play in Jolt on a Saturday via a wireless connection to my laptop, after I installed SP2 I got exactly the sort of problem you are talking about, I never could find a fix except uninstalling SP2. I can't say for sure if thats your problem too though. Can you try yours with a wired connection?

I had similar probs after an update so uninstalled it and was ok after that ( I am on wired connection though). Another thing that played up heat was the BT Yahoo toolbar update, played havoc with a lot of things including heat even tho I use end it all. I uninstalled it and was fine after that, I just have to put up with the message all down the right hand side of the page telling me I need to update on the 1st page I open, if I "open link in new window" the message doesn't come up on subsequent windows so is easy enough to live with!

Prob dont help in the slightest but you never know.........

Cheers

Andy

Would it just be a case of connecting the broadband wire from my Router to the PC?

I know that sounds a dumb question but i didnt know if a wireless router was just for wireless internet!

Been in jolt all night with Lee and Steve and it's been like it ever since the first race.

Also, any ideas on how to uninstall Sp2? Or should I google it tommorow?

Cheers

Dazza

Also, any ideas on how to uninstall Sp2? Or should I google it tommorow?

Cheers

Dazza

Add and remove programs if its their....also have a look in add and remove programs for Windows hotfix......I find that i get about 10 of them in a space of a week and it slows my game play down alot.so get rid of them

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..