Real Life Banger Damage

MURPHY-111

I just recently got a copy of brisca heat and decided to try the vertexal damage.

but then when i went to edit some of my skin packs in the banger heat i noticed the options file i opened it up and to my delight there was a vertexal damage option i put it to yes and to my amazement it damaged like a banger should do.

i say we should make this a compulsary law for the bangers.

Of course we've known about vertex damage for years but within the uk-dirt league we've always been told to turn it off for racing online. I don't know exactly what difference it makes with todays high speed connections but until uk-dirt say otherwise we'd better keep it switched off for online racing.

Of course we've known about vertex damage for years but within the uk-dirt league we've always been told to turn it off for racing online. I don't know exactly what difference it makes with todays high speed connections but until uk-dirt say otherwise we'd better keep it switched off for online racing.

Well if you dont have a high speed connection you must be a caveman because nowadays its cheaper to have the best broadband rather than have the slowest dial-up. also uk-dirt must be off there nut to tell us to turn it off. It add's more realism into the game and also you can see the diffrence in the f1's and f2's if you put it on.... also if you were to put it on in the hot rods then it would stop the tailgating as if you hit someone from behind you either screw your suspension or have a from wheel that cant steer.

why does uk dirt not pay attetion to this forum and the points shown and its simply if you dont have a high speed connection why not buy a ps2 and the latest copy of gran turismo because i bet half of all connection problems lead to races being messed up.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by MURPHY-111

Well if you dont have a high speed connection you must be a caveman because nowadays its cheaper to have the best broadband rather than have the slowest dial-up. also uk-dirt must be off there nut to tell us to turn it off. It add's more realism into the game and also you can see the diffrence in the f1's and f2's if you put it on.... also if you were to put it on in the hot rods then it would stop the tailgating as if you hit someone from behind you either screw your suspension or have a from wheel that cant steer.

why does uk dirt not pay attetion to this forum and the points shown and its simply if you dont have a high speed connection why not buy a ps2 and the latest copy of gran turismo because i bet half of all connection problems lead to races being messed up.

Not everybody is fortunate enough to have the quickest internet connection or own a mega powerful pc.

To enable everyone a fair chance to race, UK Dirt and most free leagues insist that vetex is switched off.

Simple as that realy!

Well if you dont have a high speed connection you must be a caveman because nowadays its cheaper to have the best broadband rather than have the slowest dial-up.

M8 what you trying to say....I live in a Block of flats on a council estate..My Broadband isnt the best out there but it does the job for me to download skinpacks etc, if your feeling generous why dont you pay my broadband fee then.

Put it this way i ahve to save up to be poor.

Edited by sashjag

Well that told me didn't it! :scared15:

A couple of points, even though every member has broadband it doesn't mean we don't still get connection problems, warp is the single most annoying,race spoiling aspect of online racing so anything that makes warp less likely such as making sure vertex damage is off is a good idea in my book.

In some respects vertex damage adds realism but in others it removes it, drivers heads poking through roofs, arms through doors etc. and general unrealistic looking damage.

Also, vertex damage makes no difference to suspension damage.

Uk-dirt does pay attention to this forum but maybe they don't necassarily pay much attention to newbies telling them how to run the league, they've been doing it long enough to know what they are doing!

Well that told me didn't it! :scared15:

A couple of points, even though every member has broadband it doesn't mean we don't still get connection problems, warp is the single most annoying,race spoiling aspect of online racing so anything that makes warp less likely such as making sure vertex damage is off is a good idea in my book.

In some respects vertex damage adds realism but in others it removes it, drivers heads poking through roofs, arms through doors etc. and general unrealistic looking damage.

Also, vertex damage makes no difference to suspension damage.

Uk-dirt does pay attention to this forum but maybe they don't necassarily pay much attention to newbies telling them how to run the league, they've been doing it long enough to know what they are doing!

I'm not telling them what to do . i am offering a suggestion which is the purpose of a forum. also for newbies to learn new things. you need to realise that some people might not learn as easy as other's and thats why i posted up the info and i offered a suggestion.

Well if you dont have a high speed connection you must be a caveman because nowadays its cheaper to

Oh no, I must be a caveman, Ugh Ugh.......*gets back into cave*

Well if you dont have a high speed connection you must be a caveman because nowadays its cheaper to

Ive just made another step up the progressive ladder of evolution then, as my Broadband speed was increased yesterday.

Soon I should be able to walk upright! :scared15:

Ive just made another step up the progressive ladder of evolution then, as my Broadband speed was increased yesterday.

Soon I should be able to walk upright! :scared15:

Oh thats a big progres for you isnt it, next thing you know you'll have made a stone wheel.

Miracles do happen :appl:

I would say I'm all for this but I'm not. If everybody here had a decent connection and beasty PC's then fare play but thats not the case. I myself have a good 4MB broadband connection but then its lagged behind quite a bit with my crappy 6 year old PC so I'm in the list who would suffer and makes others suffer online with such a thing turned on in the game.

I think the whole reason the UKDirt mods are based on a game made back in 2000 is to give allot of people a chance at playing it. Its defiantly given me that chance even if its all on low spec and have a slow FPS when over 10 cars are on track :rofl:

A great idea and would love to have it happen but it would ruin online play unfortunately. And I'm not blaming people for having FILTERED connections and/or crappy PC's, this is the UK and we have always been done over when it comes to computers/internet whereas countries like USA and that get super fast stuff :rolleyes:

While were on the subject about PC's, my new PC should come today so finally I should soon be in the fast(er) lane :king: Well it better bloody come today cause I had to take the day off for it :unsure:

I race with vertex online sometimes in 8 - 13 car servers and doesnt seem to warp, but does usally if its a weak server.

Well now you see the point we dicuss it without biting peoples heads off. i gave a suggestion/comment and everyone seems to go crazy. some newbies may want to try it. and calling me a newbie i would say isnt correct. i have been racing for over a year and a half but on a private league run with my mates. i may have just joined ukdirt but i know more than you think i do.

also a great point some servers are weak maybe if we leave vertex damage to the jolt servers :shrug: ?

I race with vertex online sometimes in 8 - 13 car servers and doesnt seem to warp, but does usally if its a weak server.

Well now you see the point we dicuss it without biting peoples heads off. i gave a suggestion/comment and everyone seems to go crazy. some newbies may want to try it. and calling me a newbie i would say isnt correct. i have been racing for over a year and a half but on a private league run with my mates. i may have just joined ukdirt but i know more than you think i do.

also a great point some servers are weak maybe if we leave vertex damage to the jolt servers :shrug: ?

If your not a newbie and been at this game for year and a half, Why all your daft questions, some are sensible but ones like the "artistic" skin painter one was poor, if you dont like somes skin painting skills ask some one whos good via pm or msn...

Sorry to go off topic.

Ta tom

If your not a newbie and been at this game for year and a half, Why all your daft questions, some are sensible but ones like the "artistic" skin painter one was poor, if you dont like somes skin painting skills ask some one whos good via pm or msn...

Sorry to go off topic.

Ta tom

Well there not daft there just things that i am picking up and also i dont word them how some people word them. Also dont you think i pm people for skin painting services though half of the time i dont get reply's.

and no problem for going off topic.

as said above how do you turn this option on as i would also like to see what its like. :2:

The easiest way is to use the Mod launcher,

Open it up then just tick the box...

[attachmentid=13874]

Even slight taps cause damage, its great, but it will take longer for the game to load.

:thumbup:

post-775-1172426390.jpg

im on 256k and have done for the last few years and no problems :shrug:

races only mess up when newbies like you dont close any other programmes,especially msn!

pull the ladder jack :scared15:

im on 256k and have done for the last few years and no problems :shrug:

races only mess up when newbies like you dont close any other programmes,especially msn!

pull the ladder jack :scared15:

Thats what annoys me most, people with good connection speeds think they will be fine if they keep msn etc. on in the background and they often are, but peopke like myself and im sure plenty others with slow/dodgy connections usually suffer when they keep programs like that up. :banghead2:

Edited by Kruiz 136

Sorry to go off topic.

Ta tom

Well there not daft there just things that i am picking up and also i dont word them how some people word them. Also dont you think i pm people for skin painting services though half of the time i dont get reply's.

and no problem for going off topic.

Im not suprised you dont get a pm back with half the rubbish you write on this forum :blink:

go to the modsquad website and go to the utilities section of the downloads for mod launcher 2...while your at it..also get hold of winrestools as well..if you dont already have it.

While I certainly dont think uk dirt should run with vertex damage on for practical reasons...everyone does need to be using the same mode..and ppl with slower connections or older comps/graphic cards would feel hard done by if they couldnt race after having paid jolt fees.

However what could be done by ppl hosting with private servers or in free leagues is to run selected races using specific cars which are more suited to vertex damage...ie ones where the drivers head or arms are much less likely to appear though the bodywork.. Those taking part though in my opinion should ensure they have mod launcher 2 to enable vertex on or off easily..and also have good connections and a decent enough quality pc that can run the game with ease...ie not those that get sluggish when theres lots of cars on track. From running such vertex sessions it could be assessed as to what minimal performance levels would be needed to run it satisfactorily.

My particular favourite for vertex damage is the Dodge 6 ..and if all were painted retro style it could give some class meetings on figure 8 tracks or the new aldershot..in a style of racing more in line with the 50's origins of short oval racing.

Heres a Dodge 6 skinpack that I made for offline use..with cars in retro style. 20 cars in the pack but make sure you have the dodge6 car file. These are good fun in normal mode ..but damage is much improved in vertex mode..Great for 21 lap race round wimbo fig 8 and look good at the new aldershot. Physics is limited and parts of the cars do dissapear in distance a bit easy but fun none the less. Be warned though..the back wheels are fragile so surviving 21 laps of wimbo 8 can be tough enough ..let alone coming 1st

[attachmentid=13981]

you will notice that some cars have alternative grilles which improves in game appearance and adds variety. :2:

REG_DODGE6.zip

• 9 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..