Sky Broadband...

With Virgina taking over Telewest, we have now went for the full Sky package, including TV, internet and phone.

On the broadband side of things, it says 'unlimited use' upto 16mg connection. I was just wondering what the 'normal' connection is / would be, and if anyone else has it and what they thought of it? Had any problems, and is it good?

Cheers,

Hack

With Virgina taking over Telewest, we have now went for the full Sky package, including TV, internet and phone.

On the broadband side of things, it says 'unlimited use' upto 16mg connection. I was just wondering what the 'normal' connection is / would be, and if anyone else has it and what they thought of it? Had any problems, and is it good?

Cheers,

Hack

Hello m8 . I have been with telewest (Now virgin media I beleive) for 2 years nearly and on the full package and not had any bother with it . On the broadband side I use 16 mg connection and it works wonders for me considering I use laptop . and have unlimited downloads. I cant mind tbh so u should check with virgin media and find out .

As I said I have had no bother so far ..

hope this helps

WALKER :thumbs_up:

no need to shout it out samson :rofl:

sorry didnt notice u switched from virgin to sky

We're getting our old BT line put back and connected again?

We were on a good package at Telewest, but lost a few channels....so opted to move, jsut for the fact of more channels, cheaper price, and from 4mg to upto 16 meg.

We're getting our old BT line put back and connected again?

We were on a good package at Telewest, but lost a few channels....so opted to move, jsut for the fact of more channels, cheaper price, and from 4mg to upto 16 meg.

how much cheaper hack, all in from sky from telewest deal, im currently on the 3 deals from telewest?

Well it's something like £80 with skya month. It was just over £100 with telewest for us. The only difference now is more tv channels, and 4 times the speed of broadband, and we are on the 'max' for everything really. We are currently on 4megabites going to 'upto' 16 megabite.

Phone, Internet and TV is £82 i think? I don't know the ins and outs, but for a HD box it is £99 (one off charge for the box) and something like £20 for BT to activate our line, and £10 for something (canny mind) to start it back up again, both one off charges....so it works out alright.

With the TV, all the movies, and the sports channels, and everything else (apart from the seperate subscription channels) which i thought was quite a good deal, or atleast better than what we were on.

Guest Scrapman53

It also depends on how far away from the telephone exchange you are for how close to 8meg you can get. You might only still get 4 meg.

Guest Trash

It also depends on how far away from the telephone exchange you are for how close to 8meg you can get. You might only still get 4 meg.

That's correct, I am literally 300 yards from my exchange and on my 8 meg line I still only get 6 and a half meg. I say "still"...it seems a long way away from using ISDN 2 years ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..