And they are moaning

Cod120

Gas prices

The summer pinch is hitting early this year as gas prices begin their annual upward trajectory to accompany warm weather. Some California drivers are already paying $3 per gallon.

$3 = £1.55p :3::3::3::3::3:

Guest Trash

It does seem strange doesn't it that you would moan when the petrol seems that cheap (to us!).

Thing is, put it all in context and it is expensive for the average American. WIfey's family could hardly afford gas when it went up to $2 a gallon, they couldn't believe how much we have to pay!

To put it on context, gas last time we were there was about $2.08 a gallon. The time before that it was around $1.50 a gallon.

To us, that would be like paying double what we pay now in two years time.

To them it is an astronomical charge which is out of the reach of a lot of the normal working class there. Here we would be rioting and barricading the motorways!

Another thing to bear in mind is that the Pound is stronger then the Amercian Doller, so when you covert the price in Dollers to Sterling Petrol seems cheeper, when infact some of it may be down to their lossy currency! :rofl:

When you look at an average amercian famile car, like the famous Ford Crown Vic, it has a 4.6 L petrol V8, that round a city does 17 mpg (acording to their website) which to be honest is crap, and pointless. They need to put some tecknology into their engines to make them better, insted of just making them bigger! :rofl:

Guest Trash

Another thing to bear in mind is that the Pound is stronger then the Amercian Doller, so when you covert the price in Dollers to Sterling Petrol seems cheeper, when infact some of it may be down to their lossy currency! :rofl:

When you look at an average amercian famile car, like the famous Ford Crown Vic, it has a 4.6 L petrol V8, that round a city does 17 mpg (acording to their website) which to be honest is crap, and pointless. They need to put some tecknology into their engines to make them better, insted of just making them bigger! :rofl:

My father in law took me out round the town when over there is September and we ended up at the new Pontiac dealership where his wife works. Their best car for fuel mileage in the showroom at the time did 22 mpg! They do sound good though. I then got let loose in his pride and joy, an immaculate Chevy Corvette. Man alive, that thing was so quick and brutal but when I floored it you could just see the digital fuel guage lose a few notches off of it! Great fun though, but I don't think I would run one over here:-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..