My project

Haadee#525

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haadee, ask fbf about damage if he's willing to give you help, hes the man for the damage. :thumbs_up:

FBF is tha god at damage he already helps me with getting a preview in game , he is a nice guy :appl:

Looks good m8 so far :appl: if you need any help with damage or anything else drop me a pm i'll be more than happy to help :thumbs_up:

• 1 month later...

that is awsome mate :o

need some help with mapping of front

you can see the verts of the front in the picture below.Is it possible to get the verts in a front view postition in this mapping screen? It doesnt map nice when i see them from top view ( as it is now (picture))

:2:

[attachmentid=15525]

post-1027-1178567262_thumb.jpg

Click on the UVW mapping thing on the right hand side

Then go the bit lower down on the right hand side (Parameters) and tick planar

click X a little lower down

If this is the wrong plane, try Y, and if not try Z

Decide which is the correct plane

Then click fit and then click on Unwrap UVW and edit

Fit the vertices to the template

When you're happy, right click on the Unwrap UVW and click Collapse To

This means you can map the model without detaching separate bits, and retaining the mapping

Hope this helps :thumbs_up:

Pazza

Edited by pazza

Top job, well done :appl:

Ps. you probably already know but it doesn't hurt to say it anyway, if you are using 3d max apply a smoothing modifyer, set to auto, to get rid of the faceted look that it currently has.

thanks for compliment

yes i know that but i already merged the objects :banghead2: and i only want to smooth the front of car.

u know if that is possible ?

Edited by Haadee#525

yes i know that but i already merged the objects :banghead2: and i only want to smooth the front of car.

u know if that is possible ?

Just select the faces that make up the front end, detach them to a new object, smooth the new object then re-attach it to the main model, should work ok, any reason why you don't want to re-smooth the whole model?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..