Running Nascar Heat off the Hard Drive

Kruiz 136

Hi all, after a recent reformatting of my computer, I have to install Nascar Heat again. But I can't seem to get it to run off the Hard Drive. I have gone into set up and selected Run off Hard drive, it then installed some things (tracks etc.) But when I try to play the game it asks me to insert the CD. When running the game off the CD the sound plays very quickly.

I then decided to download Nascar Heat essentials but when trying to Install that, it says the file contains Invalid data.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Kruiz

Hi all, after a recent reformatting of my computer, I have to install Nascar Heat again. But I can't seem to get it to run off the Hard Drive. I have gone into set up and selected Run off Hard drive, it then installed some things (tracks etc.) But when I try to play the game it asks me to insert the CD. When running the game off the CD the sound plays very quickly.

I then decided to download Nascar Heat essentials but when trying to Install that, it says the file contains Invalid data.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Kruiz

hi m8,

After you've done the cd install, start the game and go to practice and do a couple of laps.....this helps the game finalise the install. Then come out of the game, install your no-cd patch and the 1.72e patch, try it again, then install your mods.

I think the problems you've had were by running the disc install but not trying the game.

:thumbs_up:

Edited by wrighty496

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Kruiz

hi m8,

After you've done the cd install, start the game and go to practice and do a couple of laps.....this helps the game finalise the install. Then come out of the game, install your no-cd patch and the 1.72e patch, try it again, then install your mods.

I think the problems you've had were by running the disc install but not trying the game.

:thumbs_up:

Thanks Wrighty :thumbup: I had forgotten to install the no-cd patch lol

:2:

Kruiz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..