braderz516 new idea!

braderz516

lo all i got a new idea on saturday whilst enjoying the bba world cup! how we have wheel_basename when not fin_type?like there can be a CAR file for different styles of roof fins ! if this is possible could any of the brave moddlers try it out? :scared15: and is the idea any good?

Edited by braderz516

i'm no expert but i don't think that's possible. Wheels can be changed, but not part of the model

the only way to do it would be to have different shaped fins on the model. this would need many different Car files for the same car

it might become confusing

nice idea though ;)

i'm no expert but i don't think that's possible. Wheels can be changed, but not part of the model

the only way to do it would be to have different shaped fins on the model. this would need many different Car files for the same car

nice idea though ;)

Pazza's right...the wheels aren't part of the cars, they're packed in the part.res file, so you'd end up with different car models for a fin change

nice idea though ;)

Pazza's right...the wheels aren't part of the cars, they're packed in the part.res file, so you'd end up with different car models for a fin change

I'm not nit picking but ..... isnt it possible by altering the part.res :unsure: i mean i know how hard it is to code a game etc by brother does it for a living though surely you can make a few shapes for the fins and enter the projections onto diffrent options just like the wheels.... i mean you get cars which are longer than other though they car wheels remain in the 'correct' possitions :blink:

Though by saying all of this i think ive confused myself :rofl::scared15:

nice idea though ;)

I'm not nit picking but ..... isnt it possible by altering the part.res :unsure: i mean i know how hard it is to code a game etc by brother does it for a living though surely you can make a few shapes for the fins and enter the projections onto diffrent options just like the wheels.... i mean you get cars which are longer than other though they car wheels remain in the 'correct' possitions :blink:

You can alter the part.res all you like, still wont change the fin plate as it is part of the actual template and .car file. As said above only way would be to re do the models with different fins which would be very time consuming.

Gd idea tho

nice idea though ;)

feel free to have a stab :)

the wheel positions are set in the car physics file, there are (as i recall) no other parts defined in the physics

......alternatively, get Rfactor :) it has a cool 'upgrades' option that allows you to 'tailor' your car

Edited by wrighty496

You can alter the part.res all you like, still wont change the fin plate as it is part of the actual template and .car file. As said above only way would be to re do the models with different fins which would be very time consuming.

Gd idea tho

Since this is a good idea im going to give a bash at a few of these problems :blink::rofl:

I'll have a go first on the bangers ..... though there has to be something that can make this possible!

Maybe NickM might know of a solution ( Not that im going to pester him for a solution, Hes probably had it already)

Cheers

Murphyr

Ps what if you dont add a fin in the first place...... then is it possible? ..... it should be theoritaclly possible as this is what is done with wheels ..... ? any ideas ?

the wheel positions are set in the car physics file, there are (as i recall) no other parts defined in the physics

Wheel position and wheel width and tyre diameter only i think

nothing to do with the model in the physics though :thumbs_up:

Edited by pazza

feel free to have a stab :)

......alternatively, get Rfactor :) it has a cool 'upgrades' option that allows you to 'tailor' your car

Thanks for support wrighty .... i know that wheel positions are fixed with physics ... just realised that after i written above... though there has to be a solution as we have evolved the game beyond the first nascar heat to mods from all over..... we have also found ways to get tracks into games ... (Although with great difficultys) So it may be possible .... i'll see what by brother thinks :blink::rofl:

Edited by MURPHY-111

Even if you had different roof fins you wouldn't be able to have your number or design on it, unless there were "fin packs" released with the skin packs? :shrug:

Couldnt you just have the same skin and alter it :shrug: .... also if everyone has the skin they will have the change wouldnt they not ....

AND if the fin number change is possible would there not be able to have an option on the A) Mod Launcher ?B) A type of fin changer just like the hot rod class changer ? or C) have the car made into split .car files and diffrent .car file names ?

Just a thought though ..... is it possible ?

You cant have fin plate interchangeable on cars as far as I know as each fin plate would need placing in different positions for the size of the car, E.g a fin plate on a Mk2 wouldnt be in the same place as a Ds420 limo, and there is no option in the physics.txt that will let you do this (been said already)

As been said by Rik, a ''fin pack'' would also be needed and messing around with any sort of part.res changes is a very bad idea, especially if you want to race online.

You cant have fin plate interchangeable on cars as far as I know as each fin plate would need placing in different positions for the size of the car, E.g a fin plate on a Mk2 wouldnt be in the same place as a Ds420 limo, and there is no option in the physics.txt that will let you do this (been said already)

As been said by Rik, a ''fin pack'' would also be needed and messing around with any sort of part.res changes is a very bad idea, especially if you want to race online.

Might just leave at that then ..... probably get riddled with cheat messages and problems :thumbs_down:

Shame though as it sounded a good idea

Maybe this is what rFactor can provide for us as mentioned by wrighty :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may sound a ridiculous question because its a completely different setup of game but how did they do it on SoD? The Mk2 Granada was the same car file i believe but some had different fins to others? Feel free to shoot me down in flames lol :042:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..