3ds max 7 problem

erik

I'm having a problem with 3ds max. It's kinda difficult to explain, but what's happened is when you click "Move" or "Scale" or whatever, you don't get the normal cursor thingies, just what's circled in the following screenshot....

[attachmentid=15813]

Does anyone know how to fix this? If so could you tell me?

Any help much appreciated :thumbup:

post-718-1179435369_thumb.jpg

Edited by erik

I had that, if i remember right it was becuase i had moved a part of the scene in such a way that it restricted movement on everything, like you could drag and drag the sursor but it was moving tiny amounts. Whilst that happened the problem u had was there also, i think to get rid of it i jsut rebooted my comp, seemed to do the trick?

I had that, if i remember right it was becuase i had moved a part of the scene in such a way that it restricted movement on everything, like you could drag and drag the sursor but it was moving tiny amounts. Whilst that happened the problem u had was there also, i think to get rid of it i jsut rebooted my comp, seemed to do the trick?

Cheers :thumbup:

I've come across this problem numerous times on my course, and usually there's three possible solutions to it:

1/ Make sure 'show tranform gizmo' is ticked in 'Views' at the top.

2/ x on its own is the shortcut to turn the gizmo off, so you can try that aswell, as mentioned before.

3/ Go to Customize>Preferences then on the Gozmo's tab make sure the 'On' box is ticked under 'Transform Gizmo's'

It looks like your sorted anyway, but i thought i'd type up what I believe to be the main three causes/solutions for future reference.

Cheers MoR

I've come across this problem numerous times on my course, and usually there's three possible solutions to it:

1/ Make sure 'show tranform gizmo' is ticked in 'Views' at the top.

2/ x on its own is the shortcut to turn the gizmo off, so you can try that aswell, as mentioned before.

3/ Go to Customize>Preferences then on the Gozmo's tab make sure the 'On' box is ticked under 'Transform Gizmo's'

It looks like your sorted anyway, but i thought i'd type up what I believe to be the main three causes/solutions for future reference.

Cheers MoR

Thanks for that advice :thumbup:

I still had the problem earlier, but that 3rd solution fixed it :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..