follow-ins

braderz516

should follow-ins be banned?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How would you propose the Driver would jump when car was knackered if they done that? T-bones are most dangerous end of.. But anyone can do a length of the straight t-bone Tbh.

Even though you all claim the bluebird hit was silly and dangerous, look at it like this the drivers seat has gone hardly anywhere nor the doorframe, The car was built properly no denieing that. But i think if you followed in a granny like that in a 4.2 Jaguar it would of snapped just as much if not more, look at the one who hit post on his own coming out of corner hardly moving well uprighted his post and he wasn't being pushed. I hear that all tracks have to be armco by 2008 anyway weather it's true or not i don't know. The rules should be left alone and if you disagree the rods are on quite a bit go watch a bit of them instead. ;)

cheers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see all tracks having armco by 08 tbh, look at wimbledon, you wouldnt be able to see the dog track, thats why there isnt armco there already!

Also rather than getting caught up in followins... i think the basic cars should be looked at, over the last season there was a few incidnets of drivers found putting extra 'material' into thier cars, now this is the most dangerous part of racing imo...

Mayby it was because last year it was the first time i had really concetrated on the actualy build of bangers, but i cant remember any 'findings' from the year before.

Edited by The London Allstar

I cant see all tracks having armco by 08 tbh, look at wimbledon, you wouldnt be able to see the dog track, thats why there isnt armco there already!

Mildo has dogs and armco anything can be done just comes down to money i suppose!!!

i have to agree with the race engines bit, cars are getting faster and faster meaning harder hits more damage and the "extra material" is just stupid a mk2 granada came over to ireland with box section on it is that allowed and he was one of team black

Someone said on the other page to have a wrap around cage to protect the driver. IMO i think this will do more harm, if the car snaps and bends well it could put the cage on the driver. I saw at northampton afew years ago one of them little midget things hit the fence, because all they are is metal tubing and an engine the tube was wrapped around the guys head and he nearly died.

Also usually in a follow-in you see them trapped in there cars maybe but they usually get out wave to the crowd and escape with cuts and bruises. However if you see somebody flat out t-boned they're out cold with the passenger door on their lap.

And armouring is dangerous, if anyone went to the icebreaker earlier this year you would've seen matt smalls mk2 granny, that was a dangerous car. But i spose its a big circle, more people get hurt so more people armour, the people that armour then maybe hurt other people..and so on.

Just thought i'd add my two penny worth :042:

Edited by COURTY 334

i do like to watch us stinkbridge do are big hits but at wimbo its too dangerous i mean a bluebird and a jag they was both quick so the hit turned out bigger!

theres the bluey inside :blink:

Banger racing is ment to be a full contact sport which is why its one of the best forms of racing out there,so leave it like it is,if you dont like it dont watch/race in that formula.when i go out in a banger i know full well i could get the mother of all hits on me.But thats why i'm out there the buzz the adrenalin rush.Yea some of the hits hurt but boy there worth it.Regarding the lackey hit,i'm surprised he did'nt get hurt more tbh looking at the size of the frame,lucky if thats more than 2 inch :thumbs_down: no way would i use a frame that small :3:

i do like to watch us stinkbridge do are big hits but at wimbo its too dangerous i mean a bluebird and a jag they was both quick so the hit turned out bigger!

theres the bluey inside :blink:

Banger racing is ment to be a full contact sport which is why its one of the best forms of racing out there,so leave it like it is,if you dont like it dont watch/race in that formula.when i go out in a banger i know full well i could get the mother of all hits on me.But thats why i'm out there the buzz the adrenalin rush.Yea some of the hits hurt but boy there worth it.Regarding the lackey hit,i'm surprised he did'nt get hurt more tbh looking at the size of the frame,lucky if thats more than 2 inch :thumbs_down: no way would i use a frame that small :3:

Yes but look how straight his drivers door is, the car was solidly built!

Well said cal..

abd braderzs thats exactly what i was talking about, it was way over the top. Not only that but he chose to followin the smallest car in the race, which is another thing i find stupid, why followin in something tiny when you in something big :S

Why race something tiny when you're surrounded by big things?

Some of you have said that they are ok as long as you are in the right car and that you only do it on a similar one, this is all fine but i have raced a few bangers (not the best lol) and i just see red mist and if there is a car there you want to let have you are going to do it!!

I agree with you, when i'm racing i hit what its in front of me! If it's some numpty going slowly in a nissan micra then even better. I never assume i'll hurt someone, but if you're not happy getting hit hard then dont go out on track. Any racing driver in any motorsport the world over accepts they could crash and die. But If drivers want to hurt each other then they should punch it out in the pits, not on the track.

However, if you know stinkbridge/bears etc are there in big jags and yanks and you've gotta bluey, racin on the basis that they'll leave you alone is very foolish. Lacky didn't even bring a saloon or estate to the wf. Well built or not he must of known the risk involved racing a feckin japanese hatchback! Complaining after (i'm not suggesting he did btw) that "he shouldn't have followed me in cos i was only in a bluey" is senseless. On that basis i'll do the wf next year in a mini and win because no one's allowed to hit me in their big jags!

rant over,

:thumbup:

I'm undecided on this. I think follow in's, ie the proper car wreckers are un-sportsman like. If you save up and buy a nice car like a granny or P5 etc, spend all the time and money (and luck finding it in the first place) getting it ready and to the track, every panel on it straight, and then after 1 lap your car is totalled beyond recognition. I know its allowed in the rules, and every driver on track knows the score, but I still think car wrecking follow ins are un sportsman like, and some times potentially very dangerous.

But saying that I always cheer at a followin :thumbup:

I'm undecided on this. I think follow in's, ie the proper car wreckers are un-sportsman like. If you save up and buy a nice car like a granny or P5 etc, spend all the time and money (and luck finding it in the first place) getting it ready and to the track, every panel on it straight, and then after 1 lap your car is totalled beyond recognition. I know its allowed in the rules, and every driver on track knows the score, but I still think car wrecking follow ins are un sportsman like, and some times potentially very dangerous.

Dis-agree you might go out and do one lap and the clutch cable snap and you get blitzed no matter how long you spent building it. :coffee: When you build the banger you have to know you might not do more then 2 laps. Like i said my dads been followed in before the green flag after spending time building a banger. Its a risk you alway have to take and no doubt you'll get out pi**ed off.

cheers

To me that goes against the spirit of Banger racing, I'm sure most drivers go home just as happy with a 1 lap wreck (specially if it's a big one) as they do with a car thats lasted a whole meeting, afterall if they didn't like the crashing they wouldn't be racing.

To me that goes against the spirit of Banger racing, I'm sure most drivers go home just as happy with a 1 lap wreck (specially if it's a big one) as they do with a car thats lasted a whole meeting, afterall if they didn't like the crashing they wouldn't be racing.

Follow ins' is bangers cant take it away from men who will want to inpress ppl on track, we all no on here! that have raced bangers, will no we could of have a bad follow in (i did) didnt stop me...

Go in pits and ask the big bold man want you thinks of safety in bangers he will say ..........cant put that lol

Old skool bangers drivers didnt have same RACE engines as todays lads ,ok find yer faster ,but nore did they have the safety too in building there cars (as now) but they did fine......

Todays banger drivers are abit soft RED flag got a bint St John Ambulance plz

As for getting the tin cant teach an old dog new trick's most named drivers will not race new cars (not tin) well they better get used to it because they are paying way way to much for them..

So if they want to pay over £700 for a car so be it,, tim and alex will do a photo not are problem jack it

up thats what i pay my ticket for.....

Thanks

Swindy

And im not drinking tonight nick..get me... :042:

The night is still young though ;):042:

Top man nick off bed now..kids up soon :banghead2: no beer tonight glad you see the funny side of me....

bet nick is thinking hes not funny...just a forum bum...... :rofl:

The night is still young though ;):042:

Top man nick off bed now..kids up soon :banghead2: no beer tonight glad you see the funny side of me....

bet nick is thinking hes not funny...just a forum bum...... :rofl:

PS: NOT a.s.s.e.d tho! ;)

heres a T-BONE from wimbo in 90's i belive frm blitz mag itd henry dent in a mk2 (with no rollcage) and kev wilsher in aa jag done him the full length right in the door? but he did say if i knew he didnt have cage i wouldnt of done it.

IPB Image

if you have a closer look see how far his head is from the bonnet of wlshers.

well look at the bears there paying hunderds for mint cars.turning up at a track every week and wrecking theres no problem with that. when they get hit back they always get out with a smile on their face! jack oovery blitzed shane davies at the champions of champions davies got out with a smile as he knew why he got hit!

well look at the bears there paying hunderds for mint cars.turning up at a track every week and wrecking theres no problem with that. when they get hit back they always get out with a smile on their face!

Unless its Ash, in which case its a Welder-weight boxing match on the track.

Follow ins are fine if your all in slow, reasonably strong old cars, but the newer stuff is all multi-valved engine stuff, and the shells have the same amount of strength as an opened coke can. Look at primeras when they hit a fence flatout, they bend outta all recognisable shape.

Todays motors are too fast and too soft, unfortunately.

take mk1 grannys for an example there solid and hard to find some peeps pay up to 3 grand for a mk1 coupe then they have to buy cills! and the car will get hammered by a jag!

i dont think many b aner drivers would give a 1500 for a minted on the road coupe bradders let alone 3-grand, i think your over reacting. my Dads never payed over 120 for any of his cars and hes never been hurt in 23 years of racing even in the newer cars. i think youve just got to be sensible depending what youre in and what your hitting, if your in one of these new strong supras that seem very good and you see a hanging dodge 6 or something at the end of the straight you wouldnt do it flat out or would just leave it (if you had a decent consience) i think ive added enough now lol. cheers Jack

Im not over reacting honestly peeps dp pay that much money for cars nowadays

Only that d1ck that won the lottery would pay that much for a shell.

Maybe you are getting confused with the total cost of a fully signwritten World final car.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..