tex file

ianbailey981

Thank you would be nice :rolleyes:

i have now got the program to convert tga files to tex files and have someone talk me through how to do it but it is not working it wont convert to a tex file im using windows vista would this make a difference?? also is there another way that i can change these files.

:2: gary

i have now got the program to convert tga files to tex files and have someone talk me through how to do it but it is not working it wont convert to a tex file im using windows vista would this make a difference?? also is there another way that i can change these files.

:2: gary

I put the MKTEX program in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\gary ellis and save my painted skin as a tga file in the same folder . then start " command prompt " program ( the black DOS window ) .

type in the following -

C:\documents and settings\gary ellis > mktex FILENAME.tga car668.texIf it doesn't come back with an error message , there is a CAR668 TEX file in that folder . drag that file into the

C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\ukdirtf2

or whatever mod you have painted the skin for , edit the drivers text file - IE - add your text to the notepad document in the same folder -

table Driver

number 668

name gary668

chassis fto

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

wheel_basename whitew

end

then save ,

when you start the game , your car should be seen in the driver's selection now UNLESS it is a BANGER then you would have to run Banger Manager again before you would see it in the game .

hope my idiot's ( me ) guide helps :unsure:

Edited by garyellis

I put the MKTEX program in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\gary ellis and save my painted skin as a tga file in the same folder . then start " command prompt " program ( the black DOS window ) .

type in the following -

C:\documents and settings\gary ellis > mktex FILENAME.tga car668.texIf it doesn't come back with an error message , there is a CAR668 TEX file in that folder . drag that file into the

C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\ukdirtf2

or whatever mod you have painted the skin for , edit the drivers text file - IE - add your text to the notepad document in the same folder -

table Driver

number 668

name gary668

chassis fto

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

wheel_basename whitew

end

then save ,

when you start the game , your car should be seen in the driver's selection now UNLESS it is a BANGER then you would have to run Banger Manager again before you would see it in the game .

hope my idiot's ( me ) guide helps :unsure:

It comes up unsupported image type 10, how can i solve this. r u running paint shop pro X ?

I use photoshop , but it shouldn't matter if you are saving your skin as a " .tga " file , 24bit uncompressed . photoshop asks you this when you save it but I seem to remember having problems with PSP as the 24bit part was set in preferencies in the program and not when you were actually saving it .

hope this helps

I use photoshop , but it shouldn't matter if you are saving your skin as a " .tga " file , 24bit uncompressed . photoshop asks you this when you save it but I seem to remember having problems with PSP as the 24bit part was set in preferencies in the program and not when you were actually saving it .

hope this helps

ive got it all sorted now i was realised how to save it as a decompressed file and it worked straight away!!!

:2: Ian

Hi

I have followed this guide on converting tga file to tex but when I edit driver list the game locks up on start up.

What have I done wrong? :banghead2:

I have somehow managed to get all tex file icons to look like notepad icons. How do I get them back.

Edited by Mr Beef

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..