Wolseley Landcrab

erik

Like the Sovereign one, I'm not sure if this will be of use to anybody, but I thought I might aswell post it up. I've changed the front grille etc on the Austin 'Landcrab' template to make it into it's Wolseley equivalent. I think it's reasonably accurate, but I couldn't find a pic of the back end, so I just replaced the Austin 3 litre badge with a Wolseley one, should still be usable though.

[attachmentid=16688]

wolzylandcrab.zip

I may be wrong, and no doubt I will be corrected if I am, BUT the Wolesely was 1800 and 2200 (not 3ltr) and, erm, it was FWD :shrug:

I don't know much about them, but I think you're right, though I can't really do anything about it. The only thing I could do would be to edit the physics file, if the original modeller agrees. Does anyone know who made it?

Edited by erik

Hmmm there was never any made so its a fantasy car...crab 1800 in wolsely guise ok but not austin 3 litres...though BWC may have made a prototype...I have not seen any pictures of one. With your max experience Erik another attempt at modelling may be worthwhile..but do try and do a real production car...not Postman Pats van or Noddy's runabout. :unsure:

lol reg. I was thinking about another attempt at modelling earlier today, and I might give it a go. As for the template I'll have to rename it "Wolseley Landcrab with Austin 3 litre running gear" then?

Hmmm there was never any made so its a fantasy car...crab 1800 in wolsely guise ok but not austin 3 litres...though BWC may have made a prototype...I have not seen any pictures of one. With your max experience Erik another attempt at modelling may be worthwhile..but do try and do a real production car...not Postman Pats van or Noddy's runabout. :unsure:

by that u mean this :rofl:

post-1142-1182351135.jpg

I know absolutely naff all about modeling etc, but would it be possible to play around with the physics of the 3 ltr Austin model and change it to FWD?

Then rename the FWD.car conversion as a wolzly and its another model for the pre 68/2ltr class. :shrug:

Edited by mcrew

I know absolutely naff all about modeling etc, but would it be possible to play around with the physics of the 3 ltr Austin model and change it to FWD?

Then rename the FWD.car conversion as a wolzly and its another model for the pre 68/2ltr class. :shrug:

That's kinda what I meant by editing the physics file. It would be possible to give it less power, not sure about the FWD bit though (I don't really know enough about it).

I decided to have another go at modelling, as I was pretty bored. It's kinda difficult to make out as the render is cack, but I thought I'd post it anyway. I attempted a Sunny coupe from the pics someone posted up a little while back, as you can see it still needs quite a bit done, but I intend to continue with it.

[attachmentid=16738]

post-718-1182365612.jpg

just use the scale tool to make it a bit wider :thumbs_up:

Sorry about posting the same thing 3 times, the forum was kinda playing up last night.

Thanks for the advice pazza :thumbup:

The last few times I've attempted this, the cars have ended up looking too wide, now its too narrow lol.

Yes Crewie, the physics could be edited to create a slower FWD version :thumbup:

That would make a great addition to the unders/fwd class/pre 68's should anyone ever agree to the physics on their Austin model being adjusted......hint hint. ;):rofl:

I may be wrong, and no doubt I will be corrected if I am, BUT the Wolesely was 1800 and 2200 (not 3ltr) and, erm, it was FWD :shrug:

you are correct boss. i had an 1800 one. they made them in 1800 and 2200, both fwd and the later one was known as the wolsley 6 i believe. engine was similar to a mini with gearbox also being the sump. mine was auto having a gearstick on the dash board lol. its now in 280 simon goodales yard in exchange for a p5. cheers, damo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..