warp!!!!

ianbailey981

Mr Beef had this problem the other night in the F2 and after a few suggestions it turned out that he was on a wireless connection.

Are you on one aswell? If so, that'll probably be the cause of it.

Failing that, then are you using end it all?

Mr Beef had this problem the other night in the F2 and after a few suggestions it turned out that he was on a wireless connection.

Are you on one aswell? If so, that'll probably be the cause of it.

Failing that, then are you using end it all?

hmm wireless will defo cause problems, are you also turning off your windows firewall also, what connection speed do you have and who is it with. could be anything here. how long is the internet cable you use etc.

as for this end it all....ive been told to stay clear that.

Use end it all and Task manager in conjuction.

Make sure port 2001 is open on your router and modem.

Use cat 6 ethernet cables

If everyone connects at 33.6k that helps.

Patch 1.80 helps with net code.

run a virus scanner and adware abwt 3hours before racing then rebot before your race normally helps. :scared15::scared15::2:

also make sure no one else is using the connection on wireless at the same time as they will take your bandwidth up. also make sure msn messenger isnt running.

yer no one else in the house is on it and it is password protected anyway and msn is turned off when i race

:2: ian

It isnt always to do with the wireless connection.......Im on wireless and can run 3 computers while i race. I've only had a few problems with warp but normally stops once i turn msn off.

Like a few posts up says, I had warp on a practice session. For meeting I disconnected wireless and put a cable in problem solved :thumbup: . After meeting reconnected wireless.

It does seem strange that this game has been around for a while so I hear, and used to work on 56k dial up, but 8meg wirless and you get warp :shrug:

The reason it can be played on a 56k connection and not a 8meg wireless is a wireless connection isnot always consistent. same as when you use a tv remote sometimes you have to press a button quite a few times to get it to change channel. when you are on wireless connection you can be getting different signals of internet although it happens it so fast that your computer dosnt detect it. your internet gos in and out of signal which sends your ping through te roof which will cause you to either ghost,warp or go solid.

:2:

Cheers Rusty

if you want any more help with connection add me o msn da_man_rusty_85b@hotmail.com

I used to happily and regularly play online with a wireless connection......until Windows Service pack 2 was released, once I'd installed that I had major warp issues, I uninstalled SP2 and everything was fine again so it was definately SP2 that caused it, the problem is, in order to make your computer safer you really have to have SP2 installed, so I reinstalled it and stopped using wireless. I'm not sure what Microsoft did in SP2 but it messed things up for me, I'm not the only one either, I did a net search on it at the time and found loads of people with the same problems.

I know that doesn't help you and you may not even be on XP but I had to get it off of my chest! :rofl::scared15:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..