Setups

Hooty256

Adding 2 set ups for Pad , i use a analog P880 Saitek

My best times with these are

Sexbierum : 14.641

Ipswich Shale : 16.231

No tarmac yet as there have been no servers running which i can access.

I'm not saying these are the fastest out there but it's a start and they seem to be fairly stable which is important , hope it helps.

All rates in rFactor set to 0 apart from Brakes 100% , Throttle 25% and i use 100% left brake in the stock car extras options. :2::5:

Edited by Paulp23

hi all TADS ere just wondering if anyone can help me wiv a setup for a wheel its a microsoft sidewinder wheel and pedals every time i go in to bend i cant do anything but spin it out and i have tryed and tryed holding it but just cant lol :scared15:

any help would be gr8

THANKS

TADS421

Im using the sexbierum setup on the rfactor website with a wheel - I've found I only need to turn the wheel a few degrees to get a nice smooth slide going - you dont need to wang it around like a rallydriver!

Is that www.rfactorcentral.com ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was trying to explain the principle of weight distribution on the server the other night. I don't think I made a very good job of it. I have however found THIS article by Short Circuit that explains it much better. I know we cannot actually measure corner weights, but these are still the basic ideas I use to setup cars in RF and it seems to work quite well.

For anyone using one of my setups, adjusting the car as they explain towards the end should give you the results stated.

I was trying to explain the principle of weight distribution on the server the other night. I don't think I made a very good job of it. I have however found THIS article by Short Circuit that explains it much better. I know we cannot actually measure corner weights, but these are still the basic ideas I use to setup cars in RF and it seems to work quite well.

For anyone using one of my setups, adjusting the car as they explain towards the end should give you the results stated.

The link just goes to the main shortcircuit website ... where abouts is the article / what is it called please ... Is it this article? Shifting Your Weight Distribution on a race car

Edited by Fourwinds

The link just goes to the main shortcircuit website ... where abouts is the article / what is it called please ... Is it this article? Shifting Your Weight Distribution on a race car

Apologies yes that is the article I was refering to

• 6 months later...

Does anyone use Keys?

There have been one or two that have used keys, but I'd rather chew one of me grandads slippers than try and play rFactor with keys.

An analogue joypad definately recommended due to the gradual throttle control required.

But....even the difference between a joypad and wheel was massive when I changed to my wheel. I tried a wheel with Heat but it just didnt feel right, but with rFactor it really felt the natural thing to use from the 1st minute i tried it.

:thumbs_up:

• 1 year later...
ask tomd, he seems to go well enough. also whats wrong with your wheel?

Sent him a PM - As for the wheel it packed in today and the spare one I had I have sold to a mate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..