windows vista for rfactor

Lee

i am buying a new computer due to the laptop i am using being used by my dad for work....

it will come with windows vista premium and was wondering if rfactor will install on it and is there a way of getting the nascar heat mods to work on vista ????

the spec below is what it will come with but i will be upgrading the graphics card....

processor type = intel core 2 duo e4300

clock speed = 1.8ghz

fron side BUS = 800mhz

cache = 2mb

ram memory = 1024mb may upgrade it to 1500mb

hard disk = 250gb

graphics card... nvidia geforce 7500LE

is that good enough for rfactor ????

i am buying a new computer due to the laptop i am using being used by my dad for work....

it will come with windows vista premium and was wondering if rfactor will install on it and is there a way of getting the nascar heat mods to work on vista ????

the spec below is what it will come with but i will be upgrading the graphics card....

processor type = intel core 2 duo e4300

clock speed = 1.8ghz

fron side BUS = 800mhz

cache = 2mb

ram memory = 1024mb may upgrade it to 1500mb

hard disk = 250gb

graphics card... nvidia geforce 7500LE

is that good enough for rfactor ????

I dont know much about pc's but heres what im running and its fine with all set high on rfactor.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6320

1.86GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB Cache

Genuine Windows Vista Premium

1024MB RAM

250GB Hard Drive

256MB ATI Radeon 1650SE DVI Graphics

Edited by chops660

I dont know much about pc's but heres what im running and its fine with all set high on rfactor.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6320

1.86GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB Cache

Genuine Windows Vista™ Premium

1024MB RAM

250GB Hard Drive

256MB ATI Radeon 1650SE DVI Graphics

ok thanks for that it seems u have the better processor than me..... is there a way you can upgrade the FSB and cache on computers as isnt that the bit that determines the speed etc. with the clocks.....

i dont know about the graphics card ill find out....

ok thanks for that it seems u have the better processor than me..... is there a way you can upgrade the FSB and cache on computers as isnt that the bit that determines the speed etc. with the clocks.....

you can overclock it in the bios or buy using a tweak tool like clockgen, but if you don't know what your doing you'd be better leaving it

are you buying a prebuilt pc or are you buying your own

i'd get a higher spec graphics card 7500's are pretty pants, 7900gt's or gtx's are pretty cheap on the likes of ebay now depends how much cash your going to spend ?

i'd get a higher spec graphics card 7500's are pretty pants, 7900gt's or gtx's are pretty cheap on the likes of ebay now depends how much cash your going to spend ?

well my dad said we could pay around £110 for one...... and on ebay the 8600 or wotever it is was working out around £55.....

also will the graphics card capability be limited by my processor speed etc. ????

also will it be better off buying a custom made computer and how much would that cost for a spec good enough for rfactor too run on high detail or the best of everything detail wise...

Edited by Lee

you can overclock it in the bios or buy using a tweak tool like clockgen, but if you don't know what your doing you'd be better leaving it

are you buying a prebuilt pc or are you buying your own

well my dad said we could pay around £110 for one...... and on ebay the 8600 or wotever it is was working out around £55.....

also will the graphics card capability be limited by my processor speed etc. ????

also will it be better off buying a custom made computer and how much would that cost for a spec good enough for rfactor too run on high detail or the best of everything detail wise...

are you deleting the qoutes in the post?

Guest Scrapman53

I would think a 7900/7950gt would be better than a 8600. The only advantage of the 8600 will be DX10 support. But in saying that, I can't see a £55 graphics card being able to handle the full capabilities of DX10.

I always buy my graphics cards 2nd hand, I don't see the point of paying top dollar for a card only for it to be worth £250 less in 6 months time.

I'm on a 7800gt at the mo and run rFactor at nearly full settings(I turn off special effects as shaledust and skidmarks put me off, lol) at 1024x768 with about 125 frames per sec.

My bros 7950gt runs it full pelt at 1280x1024 and gets about the same fps

Edited by Scrapman53

cheers scrapman..... we went to a local computer guy who build custom spec computers to what we need.... we spoke to him about it and he will build us a custom spec one....

DDR2 RAM 533MHZ 1GB (times 2)

intel pentium dual core 2 p4 2x 1800mhz 800fsb etc. but will be overclocked to over the top spec of processor available and still maintain reliability....

Gigabyte Ga-965p DS3 PCIX SL onboard overclock

Geforce 8600gt... or get a 8800gtx or normal from someone i know....

a 160gb hard drive... but if we find it to slow he said he will fit an extra 2 so it will shoot the commands through them all instead of sending them backwards and forwards....

Enermax 400W power supply...

lots more stuff to list but cba anymore....

by the way i know barely anything about computers but this is what it says on the rough spec sheet he gave me

all for around £650 (with the 8600gt) or for £735 (8800gtx)

Edited by Lee

don't get the pentium dual core there crap, there an older slower version of the core2 duo

for an extra 85 quid theres no chance hes goning to give you a 8800gtx the cards them selves are 400 quid

why not buy the bits online from the likes of www.komplett.co.uk and build your own....

bundle kit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Mainboard, 4096MB, PCI-Express -350 quid

Point of View GeForce 8800GTS 320MB,DDR3 PCI-Express- 192 quid

OCZ Technology Powersupply ATX/EPS 600W ,120mm Fan, SATA, 4/8pin CPU, 20/24pin - 60 quid

sata2 drives are 30-40 quid

thats around 650 quid and would run most games full blast @ 1600x1200

but i dont know much about computers..... so i cant build one and i cba to buy stuff off the internet as i dont know whats what.....

also the 8800 card will be bought seperately and he will fit it.... if i remember correctly

Edited by Lee

Guest Scrapman53

You won't go far wrong taking Hutchs' advice Lee. The spec he's given you is far better than the other guy has.

I hate to see shops ripping people off so I like to advise people on here like Hutch has. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..