2007 Saloon Stock Car World Final

Vixtro

Well I was down muddy ol Smeatharpe this weekend to see the Saloon world final and it was bloody brill! :thumbup: None other than 401 - Steve Webster won it who is banned for 6 months from the previous meeting so no gold roof on the tracks for a while :rolleyes:

I have pretty decent vids of nearly all the races (the good ones anyway) and was lucky enough to be on the right side of the track for most races including the Saloon world final pile up so look out for those on my YouTube profile in the near future here: http://uk.youtube.com/vixtro

Anyway heres some pics I took:

The new 2007 Saloon world champ just after he entered the pits from getting his roof done in the workshop round the back of the track:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

F2 hook up's and stuff:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hulks Metro followed in and yes I got it on video :thumbup: :

IPB Image

IPB Image

All in all I was a fab meeting and next I hope I can get up to Arena for the F2 world final so I can route for Tim Farrell :party37:

That came out the blue with 401 coming out on top. :thumbs_up: , do you know what happend to aldous at all?

He got put pretty hard in the wall in the second lap and ended up at the back of the pile up, allot of people passed him so he was out of any chance of winning basically.

Looked like a hectic meeting. Makes me laugh how evry1 is wrapped up in middle of summer.

A great win for Webster :appl: ...just a shame he's banned now lol

Burgoyne seems to be having bad smashes every meeting now!

And the Metro lokks a little out of shape!!

i had loads of fun racin metros yesterday. even though 1st heat i dident c the green flag but owell thats racin. then went out in 2nd heat 272 shaun ross picked me up so i held him waitin for someone to waste him but they was too late, then lap later stu foster 265 was spun so i hit him as fast as my metro was goin considering it was missing like a gooden after i hit him the starter jumped. then nxt race a few laps in 104 matt horwell was spun so i hit him and spun round aswell so stu foster 265 gt me bk with a hit on the back wheel which ripped it off but i carried on with 3 wheels on me wagon. then it was time for the dd on the track for dd was me pikey spooner number 6 shaun ross jonessy no show and horwell. so off we went i went for ross but he moved out the way so i seen horwell wavin so i jacked him as fast asv i could then jonesy dne me then he gt dne n so on. pikey n number 6 had a hard head on so pikey waved ppl in jonesy obliged n dne him a couple of times n it was dwn to jonesy n horwell . jonesy went on to win the dd. but a big thank you goes out to steve bailey 190 crew as they helped me out big.. :king:

i had loads of fun racin metros yesterday. even though 1st heat i dident c the green flag but owell thats racin. then went out in 2nd heat 272 shaun ross picked me up so i held him waitin for someone to waste him but they was too late, then lap later stu foster 265 was spun so i hit him as fast as my metro was goin considering it was missing like a gooden after i hit him the starter jumped. then nxt race a few laps in 104 matt horwell was spun so i hit him and spun round aswell so stu foster 265 gt me bk with a hit on the back wheel which ripped it off but i carried on with 3 wheels on me wagon. then it was time for the dd on the track for dd was me pikey spooner number 6 shaun ross jonessy no show and horwell. so off we went i went for ross but he moved out the way so i seen horwell wavin so i jacked him as fast asv i could then jonesy dne me then he gt dne n so on. pikey n number 6 had a hard head on so pikey waved ppl in jonesy obliged n dne him a couple of times n it was dwn to jonesy n horwell . jonesy went on to win the dd. but a big thank you goes out to steve bailey 190 crew as they helped me out big.. :king:

sounds like u had a good day then dave

Well I was down muddy ol Smeatharpe this weekend to see the Saloon world final and it was bloody brill! :thumbup: None other than 401 - Steve Webster won it who is banned for 6 months from the previous meeting so no gold roof on the tracks for a while :rolleyes:

401 was given a ban after his antics at the Skeggy Weekend in July and he then appealled this and went back before the BoC last Monday where he won and was then allowed back to race.

He and brother Shaun are intending racing this coming weekend at Racewall

P.S

Nice pics there Vixtro

You certainly landed lucky and were stood where all the action was taking place (I wasnt so fortunate :rolleyes: )

:2:

'MEK

post-47-1187634552.jpg

i only went to the sunday meeting

it was brilliant, except it was soooo cold and muddy. colder than civil war :o

well done dave - some good racing in that metro, even with only 3 wheels

667 tim farell did brilliantly, getting that top score (winning the grand national as well as heat and final)

a lot of action in the SSCs :thumbs_up:

here are some pics i took of 908 david brown

IPB Image

before....

IPB Image

....after

Right lads I was going to get them all up in order starting with the Saloon World Qualifier but due to popular demand I have all the Metro Bangers up now :rolleyes:

Heat 1:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qz6LkGvz_bY

Heat 2:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wz4V5kL860

Final:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=otBP20XTyAo

Destruction Derby:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PqblePfR0gk

I was down the wrong end for the DD so I got very little of it :shrug:

Oh and heres the Saloon world qualifier, the first one I got up:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Beb5fqVTjGo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..