What is rfactor

Mr Beef

Hi All

Could you post up some info on rfactor ie

What exactly is it, where can i get it from, is it free or do you have to buy it?

If you have to buy it is it in disk form or a download?

I assume that the F1's are an add on to the main game will uk dirt start using rfactor instead of heat in the near future, or is this a long way off and will F2 and bangers go that way.

Cheers

Steve

A good question thread Steve for those that dont know about rFactor. Make it 'STICKY' please. :thumbup:

Those two links above should give you everything you need for starters. You can try the game (without any addons) before you buy. It costs £24.99GBP then you can add any other features and tracks freely for the grand sum of £0.00! You can get the game as a download (easiest) or buy CD for 39.99EUR

It is a natural progression that it will replace Heat in time (maybe a year when more tracks and cars are released) HotRods and F2's will follow.

Bangers may be further off, I think the damage and collision detection will cause much more complications, but hopefully they will come with time.

The realistic handling/physics, graphics, 'modability' and user interface is brilliant. Similar to Heat...but with much more. Heat's graphics look almost dated in comparison.

Grab the Free download and give it a try. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, the game of rFactor itself is crap. The only good thing about it is the modability. Trust me, if you want realistic physics out of a car, try Live For Speed. Unfortunately, this game is unmoddable. Well, it is, except if you do it, you could be in huge trouble, lol. Other than LFS, netKar PRO is a great game as well, followed by GTR series, and then rFactor.

[/imo]

But yeah, rFactor is a sim program, with a huge member, and mod database. I would actually recommend the V8 Factor mod HIGHLY, in addition to the Stockcar F1 mod. ;)

Edited by Matt

Guest Scrapman53

Lol Matt. That's like saying to someone that wanted to buy Nascar Heat a few years ago to play the UKDirt mods, that they'd be better off buying Nascar Racing!

The reason people on here will want rFactor now is to play the F1 mod(and what ever short oval mods come next). The other mods are a bonus and have kept a lot of us very happy with rFactor over the last 2 years.

This is a league forum, and we all come here with the same interest. To race UK and Dutch cars on UK and Dutch tracks. :rofl:

Edited by Scrapman53

Lol Matt. That's like saying to someone that wanted to buy Nascar Heat a few years ago to play the UKDirt mods, that they'd be better off buying Nascar Racing!

All he's saying is that he recommends they download the V8Factor mod aswell as the F1s :shrug:

Yeah mate, I know, I just love LFS. :P I am actually in the process of downloading rFactor, for my precious V8's. :P

Heck, rFactor isn't a bad game at all, it just isn't THE best straight out of the box.

Erik. Wrong m8. Read the full post, don't start reading 1/2 way through it. :shrug:

Matt. No probs m8. :thumbup:

Sorry....with that '[imo]' he put I thought it was meant to be a 'quote' or something, it was late lol :banghead2:

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..