hosting a server

samson

just a quick question does the bt home hub have a firewall and if it does is there anyway of turning it off? as when i had blueyonder (virgin media) broadband i could host no problem.

ps i've tried turning windows firewall off and closing down my anti virus

cheers for any help

just a quick question does the bt home hub have a firewall and if it does is there anyway of turning it off? as when i had blueyonder (virgin media) broadband i could host no problem.

cheers for any help

you shouldnt need to turn the firewall off in the hub (if it has one, I presume it will have as BT tend to blare on incessantly about their home security in the ads lol), Nascar Heat uses (i think) port 2001 for online games, and you should be able to allow 2-way access through that port only in the hub settings (we've got a netgear router here which has the ports for RF allowed in the same way, that way the firewall blocks all of the general nasties, but ports for RF are set to not have firewall protection)

if you can log into the hub, look for port settings :thumbs_up:

cheers for any help

you shouldnt need to turn the firewall off in the hub (if it has one, I presume it will have as BT tend to blare on incessantly about their home security in the ads lol), Nascar Heat uses (i think) port 2001 for online games, and you should be able to allow 2-way access through that port only in the hub settings (we've got a netgear router here which has the ports for RF allowed in the same way, that way the firewall blocks all of the general nasties, but ports for RF are set to not have firewall protection)

if you can log into the hub, look for port settings :thumbs_up:

any idea how i would get into my hub settings

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..