Colin Mcrae helicopter crash

Guest Scrapman53

not good news at all this has been posted on ftooz sounds bas

Quote from telegraph for tomorrow:-

Colin McRae, the former world rally driving champion, is feared dead in a helicopter crash in Scotland.

The aircraft burst into flames after it came down in woodland near Lanark, at around 4.10pm, killing everyone on board.

Jean-Eric Freudiger, McRae's agent, last night told The Sunday Telegraph he had spoken to the driver's brother and that he had confirmed the former champion had been piloting the Squirrel aircraft.

Speaking from his home in Switzerland, Mr Freudiger said he was still in shock and fighting back tears as he said he could not reach Mr McRae's wife, Alison.

He added: "I have heard that it was his aircraft. He was in the helicopter. I cannot believe it was a helicopter pilot error because as my best friend and the godfather of my daughter I know he was a very safe pilot.

"We have been close business partners and friends for seven years. He is the best person I have ever met in my life. I have to try and understand what I have just been told."

Guest Scrapman53

I've been all over the Internet looking for news Trav, but Sky News say there will be no names released tonight.

The bit I don't understand from FTooz forum is this "Jean-Eric Freudiger, McRae's agent, last night told The Sunday Telegraph" when the crash happened around 4pm today.

was told about this at cowdenbeath tonight earlier on . was shocked when I heard and was my hero to . not because he was a scottish driver but the way he would go all out to win and do well .

R.I.P COLIN MCRAE

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTING

What terrible news :o

Was shocked when I first read it. I've been interested in and watching Rally my whole life, and rember seeing Colin winning everything when he was in his Subaru Impreza.

Same as Kruiz I was big fans of Richard Burns and Colin Mcrae - 2 of Britain's best ever Rally drivers. And now they have both gone. :(:( :( :(

:sick03:

Colin Mcrae, gone but not forgotten, a legend in rallying the world over. Iv got a Subaru Impreza, and if by a fluke i was putting some decals on it today, some driver names. And yes it was Colin Mcrae and Nicky Grist, the car is being done up to represent Colins world title win, as i manage to get the Repsol Graphics and 555 graphics aswell.

A great talent that will be missed

Headbanger

Heard about this tonight at Cowdenbeath, couldn't believe it when I heard. Colin McRae was always my favourite rally driver, hard to believe he has been killed, only two weeks or so ago he was on the tele thrashing round the Goodwood course. R.I.P. Colin McRae :(:(:(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..