Got a wheel

Paulp23

Hi guys , i got a wheel today after 3-4 years of using a pad , and tbh i wish i had bought one earlier as i can see an improvement already , anyway , i need practice so if anybody is around later tonight maybe we can get on the server and have some praccy. :5:

If I'm not busy later, I may be able to put in a first appearance to try my computer to see how it copes with rFactor online, as I can'trace the meeting tomorrow as I will be at the real Belle Vue.

I'm using a pad after 2 years of using a keyboard so could probably do with some practise as well. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Kruiz 136

to try my computer to see how it copes with rFactor online

Just to note Kruiz, or anyone who thinks their pc might have a fit with rF online, have you tried playing with the graphics settings? My PC used to go really jittery when online, so i used to go into the graphics settings in game and turn things like special effects and shadows to off, and if i needed to, i also knocked the opponent/player detail right down. Of course, this results in a far less pleasing visual experience, with no shadows and blurry skins, but u'll be able to enjoy racing with more cars a lot more smoothly. Whats more, presuming you've got rF set up to save all your replays, when your done online and fancy a look over them, you can turn your graphics settings back up and enjoy them in better quality if you wish, as it should be less strain on your pc as it isnt have to deal with online connections and the like anymore.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

MoR

PS - This is drastic, but recently I reformatted my pc, and that made a hell of a difference..... i can now race on full detail without a single problem, whereas before I was needed to exercise the steps above. Because of this, I'm looking at ways at keeping my pc clean, such as storing all my music on my external HD etc. Like i say, drastic, but I've noticed a difference.

Edited by MoR137

to try my computer to see how it copes with rFactor online

Just to note Kruiz, or anyone who thinks their pc might have a fit with rF online, have you tried playing with the graphics settings? My PC used to go really jittery when online, so i used to go into the graphics settings in game and turn things like special effects and shadows to off, and if i needed to, i also knocked the opponent/player detail right down. Of course, this results in a far less pleasing visual experience, with no shadows and blurry skins, but u'll be able to enjoy racing with more cars a lot more smoothly. Whats more, presuming you've got rF set up to save all your replays, when your done online and fancy a look over them, you can turn your graphics settings back up and enjoy them in better quality if you wish, as it should be less strain on your pc as it isnt have to deal with online connections and the like anymore.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

MoR

PS - This is drastic, but recently I reformatted my pc, and that made a hell of a difference..... i can now race on full detail without a single problem, whereas before I was needed to exercise the steps above. Because of this, I'm looking at ways at keeping my pc clean, such as storing all my music on my external HD etc. Like i say, drastic, but I've noticed a difference.

Yeah, everything is on minimum and it still struggles a bit and was reformatted less than 2 months ago. I think I will need to upgrade soon, but I'll have a go and see what happens anyway, sometimes its worse than other times. Cheers for the advice though MoR :thumbs_up:

What are your PC specs Kruiz? (Can't remember if you've said before on another thread).

I've been told on another thread that its my graphics card that isn't good enough (Radeon X300), but I can't afford another one right now, so was just having a go online to see how bad it was, but it wasn't particularly bad, having said that, there were only 6 of us in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..