rFactor lap times

Kruiz 136

Hi All,

With the new test series getting ever closer, would it be possible to have a list of tracks with best and average lap times for each of the venues included on the fixtures?

Most of the tracks named on the fixture have already had an unofficial meeting held there, so there must be some lap times knocking about?

I have been trying to get quicker and more stable all this week, gradually getting slightly better but I don't really know what I'm aiming for. I realise rfactor is more about keeping under control than being fast, but it will still be nice to know that I'm not going to be like 2 seconds a lap slower than everyone else.

To start with I'm getting:

Belle Vue: 14.1 best, 14.4/5 average

Birmingham: 13.1 best, 13.3/4

Ips Shale: 16.2 best, 16.5/6 average

Ips Tarmac: 15.1 best, 15.3/4 average

That's with a PS2 controller using analog stick btw.

What's everybody else getting?

Cheers

Kruiz

Thats blitzed all my lap times :scared15:

I think you are on the pace with those times from what I have seen.

But as you say consistency is the key not speed :thumbs_up:

I have listed what I think the quick average lap time will be for each track

Belle Vue: 13.9

Birmingham: 13.8

Ips Shale: 15.5

Ips Tarmac: 15.1

Sexberium: 14.2

Cheers m8, still got a bit of work to do, although I'm not sure I can do any better with analog sticks, anyway I'll keep trying. Just realised my Brum is a 14.1 not 13.1 lol. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I've spent a good hour practising with my new G25 :thumbup: at KR3W Raceway for next meeting and got 12.9 best lap (13.2 avg) Haven't got a clue if that is a good laptime, as setup is from scratch, 1st time I been at that track and also 1st time I used a wheel. What's laptimes like here?

Within 10 laps around IppyT I got a 15.3 so am kinda pleased with using a wheel so far

Edited by splinter

I've spent a good hour practising with my new G25 :thumbup: at KR3W Raceway for next meeting and got 12.9 best lap (13.2 avg) Haven't got a clue if that is a good laptime, as setup is from scratch, 1st time I been at that track and also 1st time I used a wheel. What's laptimes like here?

From the Kr3w meeting we had at the KR3W Raceway, the fastest laps were held mostly by Hutch at around 12.7 there were a few people in the 12.8's ... I was out at around 13.1 best lap ... :-)

Fourwinds ...

I saw lap times at Kr3w Tarmac down to 12.6's, weird track to drive too, certainly makes for interesting racing aswell.

The average lap times posted by Drumb woulld roughly be right, maybe knock off .1/.2 for a couple of the tracks though.

Yea these were posted before the latest patch, revised table below added KR3W as it seems popular and still just a rough average race lap time.

Belle Vue: 13.8

Birmingham: 13.7

Ips Shale: 15.4

Ips Tarmac: 14.7

Sexberium: 13.9

KR3W 12.8

I saw lap times at Kr3w Tarmac down to 12.6's, weird track to drive too, certainly makes for interesting racing aswell.

The average lap times posted by Drumb woulld roughly be right, maybe knock off .1/.2 for a couple of the tracks though.

Yea these were posted before the latest patch, revised table below added KR3W as it seems popular and still just a rough average race lap time.

KR3W 12.8

Just on a note on the realism factor, is it a concern that rFactor lap times are so much faster than real life fast laps?

Real life fast lap times are:

Belle Vue: 15.484 (Set by 515 Junior Wainman)

Birmingham: 15.162 (Set by 391 Andrew Smith)

I can't find anything for Ipswich F1's but you can see from that rFactor F1's seem to be 2 seconds quicker than the real thing?

KR3W 12.8

Just on a note on the realism factor, is it a concern that rFactor lap times are so much faster than real life fast laps?

I can't find anything for Ipswich F1's but you can see from that rFactor F1's seem to be 2 seconds quicker than the real thing?

Can we slow the clock down? :scared15:

KR3W 12.8

It would be nice to do that as long as the gameplay is not affected ...

It could be due to a number of things really....

Cars being too fast or too light

Tracks too small

Drivers too good lol

Or the clock is a bt dodgy :rofl:

Whatever, it doesn't really matter, just thought I would point it out as I've seen videos for F1 rFactor games precise to real life even fast lap times are the same, maybe this isn't possible with the nature of our sport (sliding, contact etc).

As you guys say it could be down to a number of reason. My best guess would be that it is caused by

A.) Track grip levels in RF.

B.) The way the tyres work in RF, especially drop-off calculations and tables.

C.) The fact we can spend hours and hours at one track tweaking and shaving those tenths off. Also we do not have the fear factor of getting hurt.

This is not to criticise anyone it's just my opinion. And everyone knows I am addicted to the mod

I think the RF cars have more grip in the corners than in real life.

I think your right, and rfactor cars are a bit light imo. Just observations Im not critising anybody, I couldnt do it lol.

Which is the crux of the problem. When the mod was first released everyone was moaning about a lack of front end grip and the cars pushing on which was caused because the cars are much heavier then HEAT. You will never get it so everyone is happy :scared15:

Which is the crux of the problem. When the mod was first released everyone was moaning about a lack of front end grip and the cars pushing on which was caused because the cars are much heavier then HEAT. You will never get it so everyone is happy

Just what I've been thinking. But 95% of people will always prefer a game to be faster and grippier than the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

KR3W 12.8

These are average race times ... for offline / online practicing what would you deduct to see if you are competitive ... .5 second?

• 1 month later...

I'm just started to get some sort of grips with rFactor and wondering what laptimes people do now!?

I've spent allot of practice on Ipswitch (tar) and best laptime so far is a few 14.9's but mainly around 15.2 - 15.3.

Is this any good and witch grade would suit me with these sort of laptimes? Or is it even to slow for white? :scared15:

Other than all the concern about laptimes i realy enjoy the game (only testing and racing against ai). :thumbup:

Edited by Frits392

I'm just started to get some sort of grips with rFactor and wondering what laptimes people do now!?

I've spent allot of practice on Ipswitch (tar) and best laptime so far is a few 14.9's but mainly around 15.2 - 15.3.

Is this any good and witch grade would suit me with these sort of laptimes? Or is it even to slow for white? :scared15:

Other than all the concern about laptimes i realy enjoy the game (only testing and racing against ai). :thumbup:

I would say an average of 14.6/7 is what is needed to go from SS here so 15.2/s is probably about average fo a white

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..