RESULTS & POINTS - Ipswich Dirt 07/10/2007

DanSkin

Thanks to everyone for racing, a big well done to Mac who took the opening Final of the series. Interesting to see already at the top of the points we have a tie, well done to top scorers Scrap, Mac & Hutch.

Results:

Heat 1: 53, 219, 331, 41, 188, 322, 236, 39, 123, 20, 137, 8, 136, 300, 286, 201

Heat 2: 331, 53, 188, 288, 156, 236, 137, 298, 322, 123, 8, 136, 286, 525, 129

Heat 3: 219, 236, 39, 53, 288, 300, 120, 298, 188, 8, 286, 20, 156, 525, 129

Heat 4: 322, 331, 219, 123, 136, 41, 39, 300, 137, 298, 288, 120, 156, 201

Final: 219, 236, 188, 53, 331, 41, 137, 298, 288, 123, 120, 20, 286, 300, 8k, k39, 322, 156, 136

GN: 123, 188, 331, 53, 41, 236, 322, 20, 120, 137, 219*, 156, 298, 8, 286, 288, 136, 300, 39

Scrapman #53 - 47

Mac #219 - 47

Hutch #331 - 47

Aub #188 - 41

DanSkin #236 - 41

Drumstick #41 - 28

Dubstar #123 - 22

Murph #322 - 21

Ironmac #288 - 17

LeeK #39 - 15

MoR #137 - 15

TGG #298 - 13

Matty #300 - 8

Fourwinds #156 - 6

Kruiz #136 - 6

cod #120 - 6

Splinter #20 - 4

Tosh #8 - 1

Damien #129 - 0

Bruce #201 - 0

MrBeef #286 - 0

Mav #525 - 0

See you next week. :thumbup:

Edited by DanSkin

thanks for the meeting and thanks for letting me in again dan wd phil :appl:

yes cheers for meeting dan and mor. gr8 night again for racing standards.

1 point all night but first night with the wheel. i will persivere just dont think my wheels set up correct yet.

just watched the heats and final replays and some great action going on. the replay options are fantastic.

wd mac

tosh

just watched the heats and final replays and some great action going on. the replay options are fantastic.

I have to agree here ... Watching the replays gives you some idea that the hits you took / delivered that may have put you into a tyre or into the wall hard may have had help from someone else .... eg: driver 1 hitting driver 2 into you ;)

Great meeting/ I love the onboard views in these. Feels like you're really a part of the action (without the muck, smell and hard bangs!)

Stupid game/pc froze so I missed Heat 2. I finally got my setup sorted by the Final, Thought I could pull of a miracle and win the Final, till I tangled with a backmarker half way and came back to reality :rofl:

I have done a video catching all the action of the final and time permitting will do one for every meeting of the Autumn series. Video just needs titleing from last nite which I will try to do tonight.

Looks like I am going to have to leave rFactor for a bit as I am having alot of pc problems with it at the moment.

Prior to the meeting I ran "House Doctor" for virus' and it found one in my rFactor setup program and deleted the virus along with any files that it had affected. Thus now I cannot re-install rfactor unless I re-download the setup files.

I note with interest how many people are saying their pc's crashed and couldn't make a heat of theirs, so maybe the problems are not just confined to my PC.

I found that if I changed any of the configurations, my game crashed me back to the desktop then I was unable to restart rFactor from my desktop icon.

I tried to setup a new profile name (from Maverick to Mav-525) - Game crashed

I lowered all the display settings and then reduced my "Visible Cars" down from 18 to 6 - Game crashed (and I still cannot re-launch rFactor hence why I had to withdraw from the meeting).

But my main concern (if I can fix the above) was that I can race practice with lots of cars no problem, but as soon as I went to "Race" the game went laggy and jumpy and my car was uncontrollable due to the screen not keeping pace with my actions. I understand the help offered but having yet another pc upgrade to cope with "racing" is disappointing.

Only difference to racing in practice to racing in a race that I could see was the race was run at night.

Would this contribute to the lagginess ???

Anyway all in all, I will have to regrettablly withdraw from the series.

So yet again Mav_525 is retiring !!!! :rofl:

I would start a collection for you m8, but people would need to take out monthly direct debits for the amount of times you've retired :rofl:

I would say racing at night caused quite a bit of extra graphical stress for your PC to handle. Seems to be a problem with your graphics card not up to spec and lack of ram/memory. If you upgraded both of these it should make a dramatic improvement. You will probably need to spend £100 apx. though on card and memory to upgrade what should be pretty good spc for rfactor. Also suggest formatting your pc at the same time and re-installing windows & rfactor so you essentially will feel like you have a new PC again.

My game and pc did freeze up once last night when i connected on-line, so I had to turn off the power on PC, but Heat 2 seemed to start very quickly and I missed the start.

Looks like I am going to have to leave rFactor for a bit as I am having alot of pc problems with it at the moment.

Prior to the meeting I ran "House Doctor" for virus' and it found one in my rFactor setup program and deleted the virus along with any files that it had affected. Thus now I cannot re-install rfactor unless I re-download the setup files.

I note with interest how many people are saying their pc's crashed and couldn't make a heat of theirs, so maybe the problems are not just confined to my PC.

I found that if I changed any of the configurations, my game crashed me back to the desktop then I was unable to restart rFactor from my desktop icon.

I tried to setup a new profile name (from Maverick to Mav-525) - Game crashed

I lowered all the display settings and then reduced my "Visible Cars" down from 18 to 6 - Game crashed (and I still cannot re-launch rFactor hence why I had to withdraw from the meeting).

But my main concern (if I can fix the above) was that I can race practice with lots of cars no problem, but as soon as I went to "Race" the game went laggy and jumpy and my car was uncontrollable due to the screen not keeping pace with my actions. I understand the help offered but having yet another pc upgrade to cope with "racing" is disappointing.

Only difference to racing in practice to racing in a race that I could see was the race was run at night.

Would this contribute to the lagginess ???

the night time effects does make it harder on your pc with the added lights shades reflections etc, post up your pc specs mav your machine might not be running how it should, take a screen shot whilst runningcpuz so we can see all your settings, i think you said you only have 512 of ram another 512 stick would work wonders m8, most peoples graphics cards have 512mb of ram never mind there pc ;), list up your graphics card model aswell mav :thumbs_up:

l

I think I have covered everything Hutch :thumbs_up: See what you can make of that.

I have virtually decided to re-format the hard drive and start again, but its just a pain in the rear and so time consuming. Hopefully it won't be in vain.

Cheers Guys for the help.

:thumbup:

post-37-1191861992_thumb.jpg

Looking at that your motherboard and CPU should be ok. The poblem is almost certainly your graphics cars. The 9000 is quite old now, and with only 128MB of RAM it will struggle(More so when it has multiple chassis to store).

The only other observation is the Bios revision on the graphics card looks odd. Might be woth trying to flash it with a new version to see if it helps although I doubt it will.

A card like THIS should help no end and will not break the bank

your cards the problem mav, radeon 9000's were good for pac man and space invaders, a new card will do you wonders m8 the rest of your pc parts are good enough

its a x4 agp card half the speed of the decent x8 versions cards, get something like drum suggested or an 6600gt, 6800gt it all really depends how much and how good you want your graphics

its a bummer having to dish out cash for an upgrade m8 but it has to be done, its like trying to play ps3 games on a ps2 ;)

if you tell us how much your missus is allowing you to spend

mavis is the missus he wears the skirt and his good lady the trousers

Probably not much use to you Mav, but the virus in the setup files thing.....the retail CD version of R-Factor is down for shop release for October 12th.

Probably not much use to you Mav, but the virus in the setup files thing.....the retail CD version of R-Factor is down for shop release for October 12th.

The retail version is 1255, so until the servers are updated anyone that buys it in the shops will not be able to race online.

The retail version is 1255, so until the servers are updated anyone that buys it in the shops will not be able to race online.

Can they not just download the 1250 patch and by applying that 'downgrade' ? As the people who upgraded from 1250 -> 1255 did ?

Can they not just download the 1250 patch and by applying that 'downgrade' ? As the people who upgraded from 1250 -> 1255 did ?

Good point I dont know if that will work. 1255F is out and that is supposed to fix the trymedia issue which as far as I know was the last problem anyway.

Guest Scrapman53

Nice 1 Phil on your final win. :thumbs_up: Thanks for running it Dan/Mor. :thumbs_up:

Great meeting fellow racers. Had some good battles, took myself out a couple of times, and was involved in a couple of other peoples accidents as well :rofl: . But seemed like a good atmosphere in chat and the server.

Roll on next week. :thumbup::thumbup:

PS. The whites were a bit slow to move once the roller was called a couple of times, causing the other grades to bunch up a bit. But it seemed to get better as the night went on. Maybe some of the newer guys at the front not sure when to go?

PS. The whites were a bit slow to move once the roller was called a couple of times, causing the other grades to bunch up a bit. But it seemed to get better as the night went on. Maybe some of the newer guys at the front not sure when to go?

Also, unless I'm going blind, "Roll at 30" didn't show up on mine a couple of races. I think that was the reason.

Maybe cos you're shouting from the back :blink:

t'wud be great if rolling laps could be made to work and the game to call go.

Also, unless I'm going blind, "Roll at 30" didn't show up on mine a couple of races. I think that was the reason.

Maybe cos you're shouting from the back :blink:

t'wud be great if rolling laps could be made to work and the game to call go.

I saw the 'roll at 30', but never a go? I assumed towards the last few races that we were to go when we saw the Whites go, but until I realised that I was overtaken by blue graders before the start line.

Is there anyway of having a rear view mirror when using the swingman view? Its the only view I can get on with, but I'm really missing a rear view mirror as the main part of my racing from Heat was my ability to escape battles, but I can't even see who's coming in rfactor.

use the in-car view..its more fun! you get used to it and your times should improve over the swing-man view. and it's then good watching the replay so you can see what actually happened in that big pile up or position battle which you were involved in.

I dont think there's a mirror option on swingman view, I did look over a year ago a hacking around with it, but dont think I found a way of doing it. Might have another look tonight though.

In ref to you not seeing "go" called, I was the same, and with the server last night. I dont think it comes up everytime. Something's not quite right. Maybe a touch of lag can sometimes prevent it coming up at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..