Help with controller?

Craigory

Guest Scrapman53

Not sure if you have the same problem I had a while ago, but now and again when I plugged something into my front USB ports mines would reboot. At first I thought it was my power supply as it wasn't a very good one. So I bought a quite expensive PSU. I was gutted when that didn't fix the problem.

After a while with the new PSU and it still rebooting sometimes, by chance I plugged my wheel in when the room was dark. I noticed a small blue spark from the USB port when I plugged the wheel in, so I stripped the PC and made sure all my plugs inside were Ok. It still did it. I stripped it again, but this time I put screws into my 2nd hard drive to attach it to the case. (I just had it sitting in it's slot in the case without being secured), and it's never done it since.

If I was you, I'd try and get a loan of another pad and try that before you go inside the case to check things. :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..