install problem

psyko75

hi everybody.. downloaded and installed the F1 but i can not find any car within the game

IPB Image

Don´t know if i installed right but this is how the program did it

eer the cars should be inside the shale and tarmac folders m8 :blink:

ok don´t get it

C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F1Stockcar\Shale

insert them here now but still no cars in game

this is what is now in that folder

another folder shale that contains dds and veh datas

elites.cam - .hdv - .MAS

also cockpitinfo.ini

elites_spinner.gen

elites_upgrade.gen

elites_upgrade.ini

F1S.tbc

F1S_R.tbc

Bri_damage.ini

why is it so difficult or am i just an damn idiot

C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F1Stockcar\Shale\Shale

^^ ie another Shale folder inside the 1st shale folder!

put them in the second shale folder, that's where they belong.

Each dds file and has a veh file which refers to it, you need both for each skin, then reload game and Buy the car in game.

the dds file is the skin (as you know) and the veh file will open with notepad, make sure the detail is correct (see the stickie thread at the top of the rfactor forum)

Edited by splinter

Right, from that last screenshot, have you moved the last 10 files in there yourself? (BRI_damage to elite_upgrades.gen) They shouldn't be in that folder, so u can get rid of them out of there.

To me from your early shots it looks as if everything as installed fine. No files ever need to be moved from where they are default installed.

Is your problem that you can't find the stock cars when u load up the game? If so here's what you need to do:

- Load up rFactor

- When its loaded, click the customize heading then click player.

- Change your racing series to 'F1 Stockcars Beta V0.2

Then when you go to vehicle section, the shale and tarmac teams should be there, and within that the skins.

Sorry if this going back over the basics and doesn't solve your problem at all, but I'm really not 100% on what the problem is anyway :blink:

Guest Scrapman53

Also. On the car selection screen, if it says "show all" on the bottom right hand button, click on it as it will be set to show only the cars owned. :shrug:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..