Racin In Scotland

Kev152

Right,

Following on from the recent stock rod drivers meeting, where it was slipped that the gates at Racewall will close at the end of 2008, it has been decided to go public with plans for a new track - from a new promotion. Although there may yet be an announcement from GMP mid next year for there plans.

They are looking for as much feed back as possible, from drivers, spectators and anyone else..

Click Here For Survey

Please can everyone complete this survey as full as possible, mentioning anything you would like to see, see differently, or any new ideas that you could have.

This is where your opinion could make a difference.. Fill the form in now, and let your voice be heard.

to be honest Kev i think they should be building the track elsewhere, its taken the autograss club 3 years to get planning and get the club to where it is now with decent numbers of cars, only for someone to come along and steal the site. Being halfway thru building a car for next season this is kinda offputting to say the least.

prydie

i doubt the site would be big enough, for pits, spectator parking, moto cross track, stockcar track and autograss track. Hopefully it will be and all parties will be happy, not sure about the gravel traps etc for a stockcar track :blink:

prydie

has the farmer agreed to this as its his field, i assume so by the forum? :shrug:

will GMP be running this or is it a different promotions . as long as it aint GMP running the new track then I will go if its GMP :thumbs_down:

EDIT: Just found out its no GMP so thank god lol

Edited by walker

• 3 weeks later...

The plans are now online on the fife council web site for the proposed new track.

You can help make this a reality by posting your support comments on the web site.

Simply follow the link below, and click the comment on application button.

Plans Here

This is your chance to help ensure that this new complex goes ahead, and keep stock car racing amongst others in Fife, Scotland.

Am no trying to be negative but a doubt fife council will give you planning permision. Plus the new track sounds kinda stupid because it basically knockhill in a oval shape. So i think you could only run some formuals e.g hot rods, stocks rods but doesn't sound that for contact forumals e.g saloons. And it would put bangers out the window and its bangers that brings the crowds half the time.

Dode

Edited by wee dode

Perhaps so - but the plans are an initial phase, which are subject to change.

Thats why the questionairre was published, to gather info about what people wanted and thought, so that plans could be ammended, and fan's listened to.

Without the drivers, there is no punters, without the punters, there is no track, without the track, there is no racing. Potentially.

Knockhill closed to stock cars now too remember.

it aint me running it..

But the formulas planned are unconfirmed yet. Depends what licence they get, if they get planning permission.

Outlaw, Brisca, Spedeworth, ORC are all possibilities.

it aint me running it..

But the formulas planned are unconfirmed yet. Depends what licence they get, if they get planning permission.

Outlaw, Brisca, Spedeworth, ORC are all possibilities.

just to say a doubt brisca and orc will come to that track

i hope that they listen to all us racewallers and and decide to make a wall instead of the proposed armco and grass,

Dode why be negative towards this subject, Do you know how much pushing has been made at these plans

Tbh if I was the potential new owners of this bright new prospect i would come on this forum and tell you myself,

What good is it to ask questions when you know potentially what the awnser will be,

Bm07

P.s Kev did you have a say in the location, now all you have to do is push your prostock down the hill to the meeting :blink:

I hope that it gets the go ahead. :thumbup:

Its way too far away from me ( just the other end of the country), but it would be nice to see a fresh new track complex open, espescialy in these days of short oval staduims/tracks being bought up/ripped up and built on. :(

I only wish that someone had the balls to try and get something like this approved in the South West ( rather than poxy surf pools and yuppie pods!)

I hope this new track gets the go ahead as lets face it cowdie has lost its touch and has started to go down hill.

Just my opinion

walker :scared15:

I hope this new track gets the go ahead as lets face it cowdie has lost its touch and has started to go down hill.

Just my opinion

walker :scared15:

without cowdie where would you go on a saturday night? Yeah i bet you'll say yeah ill go down england better stock cars there,

Where would you get all the money to travel down everyweek maybe 3 times a week and even in the weekdays when you have work/college/university etc

Without Mr Mcdoogle there would be NO cowdenbeath to date, Guarranteed fact and you have to learn that the new owners have probably had no experience on which to base there new ownership

My opinion :scared15:

Edited by AndyH 148

Cant say my opinion what a joke :shrug:

Without cowdie what would I do on a saturday night ?

Go and see some mates ;)

Edited by walker

P.s Kev did you have a say in the location, now all you have to do is push your prostock down the hill to the meeting :blink:

Certainly aint much chance of that happening whatsoever BM!!

Kevs top class preparation usually means the cars brakes bind on,forcing him to be pushed from victory lane into the pits where he doesnt check the car and only finds out the brakes have stuck on when he gets into it again to come out on track for the final!! :scared15:

Certainly aint much chance of that happening whatsoever BM!!

Kevs top class preparation usually means the cars brakes bind on,forcing him to be pushed from victory lane into the pits where he doesnt check the car and only finds out the brakes have stuck on when he gets into it again to come out on track for the final!! :scared15:

:rofl::rofl: harsh mek :D

I had a look through the planning application links that Kev posted up earlier in the thread and it looks like a good solid plan to me :thumbs_up: ..... as mentioned, it doesn't sound like the proposed owners/promoters have experience in this field (no pun intended ;)) but often that can be a good thing, if they're listening to ideas and suggestions as well as developing the 'day-to-day' business.

I realise this isn't a universally popular opinion, but (@ Walker) I still think Cowdie is one of the top 3 tracks in the UK for racing, and it'll be a sad loss to see it finally drop off the map.....to lose Knockhill so suddenly as well is a real blow to the racing base north of the border, so I think all short-oval fans will (should?) embrace the Gelly initiative and support it to the full......it has all of the ingredients (location, location and location haha..... location, possibility of good access, a decent layout, decent income potential through the week on the site as well as the potential for good local 'links' in terms of cross-trade and support).

finally, re: BM07's 'wall rather than armco', I think we might have to be happy with what's on offer....... as good as a concrete wall can be, it's bloody expensive to put up and maintain i'm sure, and the raw materials for construction are subject to a fairly long-term price squeeze at the mo, with the rapid industrialisation of some parts of the world......armco is cheap, cheerful and very strong by comparison (especially if it's backed up with a good strong plate fence behind) and is easy to maintain between meetings.....me? I'd let 'the wall' retire with the 'wall ;) and on with the new :thumbs_up:

yours, wishing Teesside had happened too :banghead2: ....... Wrighty

re: BM07's 'wall rather than armco', I think we might have to be happy with what's on offer....... as good as a concrete wall can be, it's bloody expensive to put up and maintain i'm sure, and the raw materials for construction are subject to a fairly long-term price squeeze at the mo, with the rapid industrialisation of some parts of the world......armco is cheap, cheerful and very strong by comparison (especially if it's backed up with a good strong plate fence behind) and is easy to maintain between meetings.....me? I'd let 'the wall' retire with the 'wall ;) and on with the new :thumbs_up:

I wasnt quite sure what to expect, i suppose im just one of them guys who love hearing a shunt of the wall and the dust going everywhere, alothough i do fancy something like arena if that would classed as an armco?

As i have said many times on the racewall site, i feel this has been a great effort by the lochgelly motorsport corporation, Kev Mcq for publiscing(sp) the questionaires and everyone who has offered suggestions towards this bright new prospect, i myself cant wait, 10 minutes walk for me :rofl:

where about does that look like knockhill oval :blink:

wee dode have ye got a couple of insiders in fife council and brisca ? :unsure:

IPB Image

a ment that at knockhill at the tri oval theres tires, grass then the track so its like that in an oval shape but with armco instead of tires.

Edited by wee dode

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..