ps3 any good?

jamesy

Depends what you want from it Jamesy!

PS3 is technically superior and the hardware more advanced.

360 has the larger selection of games naturally, as it has been out longer.

Big downside for the 360 is that it was built by a complete pleb and therefore has a very high % of machine failure. PS3 is pretty much rock solid in that department.

Online gaming wise, the 360 is reknown for having a more friendly interface than the PS3. Voice comms are better on 360 etc.

If you want high def films, then PS3 has the Bluray player already in it. The HD-DVD player addon for 360 will set you back about 100 notes.

If you want wireless connection then the PS3 already has it built in, you can make the 360 wireless but it will cost you 60 quid.

So, if you want more games but less reliability, choose 360.

If you want better hardware but less games at present, choose PS3.

If you want a 360 that is the same spec as a PS3, then expect to spend over £450 to get it there. Everyone said the PS3 was expensive but when you look at what it's got it really wasn't!

Yes, I have a PS3 and love it, although I wouldn't put myself in the "fanboy" category!

thanks for the info trash,i have a xbox at the mo also had the 360 for a short while till it went cluck and got a refund instead of another one,ive had the legendry ps2.is the 360 elite much diffrent to the standard 360 or is it just a gimick painted black but costs u a few reddies more? im looking at a ps3 60gb one is that best one to get or is it just a case of the hard drive being the only diffrence?

thanks

I've got a 360 and would recomend it over a PS3.

I'm not loyal to either brand, I just got what i thought was best at the time which was the 360 and I think it still is.

360 for games and much better online (and price)

PS3 for reliablility, but saying that Xbox have extended the warranty to 3 years, but you'd still have to wait while its send away for repairs.

Edited by Rikard

thanks for the info trash,i have a xbox at the mo also had the 360 for a short while till it went cluck and got a refund instead of another one,ive had the legendry ps2.is the 360 elite much diffrent to the standard 360 or is it just a gimick painted black but costs u a few reddies more? im looking at a ps3 60gb one is that best one to get or is it just a case of the hard drive being the only diffrence?

thanks

The 60GB PS3 is better as you can play PS2 games on it. You cant at all with the 40GB version.

The difference with a 360 Elite to a 360 Premium is that the Elite has the 120GB Hard Drive and an HDMI port for proper HD picture.

My one froze and done the red light thingys, i sent it off and it was back with in a week, they sent me a brand new one back and a months free xbox live.

It's 25 day return at present due to high volumes of returns.

thanks for the info trash,whats the best games out for ps3 at the mo?

Depends what you are into...racing wise, Colin McRae Dirt I like best. Call Of Duty 4 looks good and due out on Friday as is Ratchet & Clank. Played the demo of R&C and it's superb.

i like the sound of the gt games are up my street :thumbup: like the look of that motor storm game

Motorstorm looks great and plays well but wasn't my cup of tea.

I have a thing about hating racing games which have tracks with shortcuts and turbo boosts!

Guest Scrapman53

i like the sound of the gt games are up my street :thumbup: like the look of that motor storm game

I have a thing about hating racing games which have tracks with shortcuts and turbo boosts!

Dunno about turbo boosts, but a lot of tracks on heat have 2 shortcuts per lap. :rofl:

Dunno about turbo boosts, but a lot of tracks on heat have 2 shortcuts per lap. :rofl:

talking from experience there pete :scared15:

ps3 mate and it is well worth it....

dont go for the rubbish xbox as when they release the console that plays hd-dvd games instead of normal dvd you will have to buy one of those as they will stop making them games...

ps3 is far superior imo not just because i have one....

xbox imo must really be scared of the ps3 prospects as they have (in memory) 4 or 5 different versions of them. (halo edition and elite)

ps3 is cheapest blu ray player available, no competition

ea skate is a fab game along with call of duty 4 and rainbow six vegas....

if you look at all the add-ons you get for the ps3 when xbox are selling them seperate theres a big difference.

btw if you get one, or anyone who has one, add me to friends list.... ISPITFIREI is my name for it

thanks

ps3 mate and it is well worth it....

dont go for the rubbish xbox as when they release the console that plays hd-dvd games instead of normal dvd you will have to buy one of those as they will stop making them games...

ps3 is far superior imo not just because i have one....

xbox imo must really be scared of the ps3 prospects as they have (in memory) 4 or 5 different versions of them. (halo edition and elite)

ps3 is cheapest blu ray player available, no competition

ea skate is a fab game along with call of duty 4 and rainbow six vegas....

if you look at all the add-ons you get for the ps3 when xbox are selling them seperate theres a big difference.

btw if you get one, or anyone who has one, add me to friends list.... ISPITFIREI is my name for it

thanks

Aint Sony fanboys great.

:rolleyes:

I got a PS 3, and I think its great fun.

I cant comment on any other consoles, as all Ive ever had have been sony's ( PS, PS2 and now the PS3 )

I cant realy remark on the prices of the various consoles either, as I would never have actualy paid the £ 300 odd for one, Im just lucky that me missus bought me one as a thanks pressie ( yes I am a tight git! ) :rolleyes: .

IMO these things are a fair wack of cash, but to be able to go online/play dvds/cds etc etc, I suppose its alot of electricery gubbins to stuff into a small plasticy box.

Think that the instruction book is pretty limited on info regarding the actual consoles different uses, Ive yet to scroll through all the onscreen options available, but from a quick glance, the thing is loaded with loads of extra stuff ( blue tooth etc etc.)

Just completed Resistance, fall of man, and that was a pretty good overall game, just a shame that they couldnt get Cheddar Gorge to actualy look like the real one in game ( picky git aint I ? ) :rofl:

Edited by mcrew

ps3 and resistance fall of man is superb online i go on sniper only servers and mainly play yanks listening to them moan when they get killed or just take the pee out of each other is very funny,i've had ps3 since launch day did have 3 games but got rid of motorstorm as it was ruined by cheaters,cars and tracks were not that good also got the f1 game but don't go on that much will be getting cod 4 for ps3 soon

I'm buying a PS3 before Christmas. Its now that time when the prices have fallen a little and become more reasonable. The sony console's have always just suited me more than the others and the same this time round. The games tend to be cheaper, there's more gubbins on the console, there ends up being more available games. Graphically the XBox's always seem awesome, but that aint the bee-all and end-all. Unfortunatly I am a Sony fan too.

to be honest, all I need to keep me happy is a yearly dose of the latest Grand Theft Auto, and a decent racing sim (ie rFactor) - I guess a PS3 is a bit expensive to buy for just one game, and the occasional BlueRay film lol

Well that would have been the case if the ps3 wasn't so damn hard to develop for, since it is GTAIV is being held back a year late. While I'm on the subject of the ps3's development issues, be careful when buying multi-platform games as most of them suffer from bad frame rates being quick crappy ports of the 360 versions.

Also allot of games are much cheaper on the 360 right now than the ps3 but mainly those are games that have been on the 360 for some time but have just been released on the ps3.

At the end of the day the 360 dominates online play and thats all I really care about. It also has the good few offline games like Mass Effect that I'm really looking forward too. I see the ps3 as a powerhouse console but has all this rubbish about it and has not been able to live up to it's expectations. None of the games look any better than the 360 (most run worse as I said above) and that is what bothers me. It seems the ps3 is taking the same path as the ps2 and trying to pass itself off with flashy game covers but it won't work this time if they don't make tonnes of games. I loved Sony back in the Playstation 1 days but I guess they just pissed me off too much after all the ignorant mass marketing of the ps2 so I got an Xbox; got Xbox Live and haven't looked back.

Still, I would be crazy enough just to buy a ps3 for MGS4 if it stays ps3 exclusive. :rolleyes:

to be honest, all I need to keep me happy is a yearly dose of the latest Grand Theft Auto, and a decent racing sim (ie rFactor) - I guess a PS3 is a bit expensive to buy for just one game, and the occasional BlueRay film lol

Well that would have been the case if the ps3 wasn't so damn hard to develop for, since it is GTAIV is being held back a year late. While I'm on the subject of the ps3's development issues, be careful when buying multi-platform games as most of them suffer from bad frame rates being quick crappy ports of the 360 versions.

Also allot of games are much cheaper on the 360 right now than the ps3 but mainly those are games that have been on the 360 for some time but have just been released on the ps3.

At the end of the day the 360 dominates online play and thats all I really care about. It also has the good few offline games like Mass Effect that I'm really looking forward too. I see the ps3 as a powerhouse console but has all this rubbish about it and has not been able to live up to it's expectations. None of the games look any better than the 360 (most run worse as I said above) and that is what bothers me. It seems the ps3 is taking the same path as the ps2 and trying to pass itself off with flashy game covers but it won't work this time if they don't make tonnes of games. I loved Sony back in the Playstation 1 days but I guess they just pissed me off too much after all the ignorant mass marketing of the ps2 so I got an Xbox; got Xbox Live and haven't looked back.

Still, I would be crazy enough just to buy a ps3 for MGS4 if it stays ps3 exclusive. :rolleyes:

will be ps3 exclusive 8/10 because the fact they might even need 2 blu-ray discs for the game cos of so much detail involved.

that equates to around 8 xbox 360 discs and if its one blu-ray ure looking at 2 or more

will be ps3 exclusive 8/10 because the fact they might even need 2 blu-ray discs for the game cos of so much detail involved.

that equates to around 8 xbox 360 discs and if its one blu-ray ure looking at 2 or more

This is why I'm thinking about getting a Blu-ray drive for my PC, I could then back up the whole of my PC on about 5 or 6 disks!

Would probably be cheaper just to get some more HDD's though. :rolleyes:

The only thing bad I see about Blu-ray is fitting that much data on to one disk is a bit much and would make the disk ultra sensitive, a few small scratches could bugger it up.

But yeah, I really want to get a ps3 eventually. If not for MGS4 then just to see how it compares to the 360. IMO the Xbox won last gen closely followed by the Gamecube then the ps2 last, I won't compare the Dreamcast cause it was early on and it never got a chance to really take off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..