Windows ME & Norton Firewall

Kruiz 136

I have a friend who is wanting to start ukdirt, but he can't access any servers. He gets 'waiting for reply' message. I have hosted servers before so I know its not a problem at my end, so I think its a firewall or something but I have no idea how to work Windows ME or Norton firewall. I know its a bit outdated, but it should be capable of running nascar heat surely?

Thanks for any help,

Kruiz

Guest Scrapman53

Not sure what the problem is Kruiz, but I used ME up until a couple of years ago, no probs. No experience with Norton here, but try and switch it off and see if that works.

Thats what I told him to do, but hes not the most computer literate of people.

When I was speaking to him on msn, I said go to the control panel, windows firewall, and tick the box next to nascarheat.exe which should allow it, but he couldn't find the control panel..... apparently its not in the windows start pane, which led me to believe Windows ME is different in some way? Although I wouldn't rule out, it actually being there.. :shrug:

Edited by Kruiz 136

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..