Sunday Night Thunder - Rules/Downloads

MoR137

Please remember that UK Dirt General Rules apply at all times.

• Not being aware of these rules is no excuse, I do this because I enjoy it. I don't enjoy reminding people you should not be swearing or driving around like numpties. So wether you've been a member for a few days, or a few years can I advise you take a moment to re-familiarise yourself with them here.
Registration
  • Any driver wishing to compete in this series must be a registered and fully paid up member of UK Dirt.
  • Any driver wishing to compete in this series must register as a member of UK Dirt F1s (this is to avoid number clashing and to ensure preference is given to existing members). PLEASE READ ON TO BE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH NUMBER TO DISPLAY!
Skins
  • This series will use the real-life F1 stock car skins included in the f1 stockcars mod. Please choose your skins
HERENumbers
  • I am aware its tricky to change your screen-name in rFactor, therefore, pleas display your UKDirt F1 number and
NOT the number of your real life skin. For example, if I choose the FWJ skins, my in game name will still be MoR137 NOT MoR515.Downloads Meetings
  • Meetings will take place on Sunday evenings at 9pm (please be in chat by 8:50pm: note we are starting later as the UKDirtF2s will be running some weeks until 9pm).
  • A bookings thread will be made available after each preceding meeting. Please book in stating your name and UKDirtF1 number NOT your real life skin number. You should ensure you enter chat, and race in game using both of these in your name.
  • Format:

- There will be 4 heats of 16 laps for each driver. 2 Heats will take place on one of track, and 2 will take place on the other.

- There will be a meeting final of 21 laps. Final participants will be chosen based on scores over the course of the heats - ties decided on best places. The top 21 will qualify, but I may choose to run this race 'all-in' depending on numbers for that night. THE TRACK WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE 'LUCKY NUMBER 7' (see below)

- Heats: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

- Finals: 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

• Drivers must complete 75% race distance to qualify for points.
The 'Lucky Number 7'
  • When all the heat points have been added, the person currently sitting in 7th place for points on that night will be prompted to choose the track for the final. This track can be either of the two already raced that night.
Gradings
  • Over the course of the series gradings will be "active".
  • Gradings will be based on the SNT points chart after each week. I will use grader discretion on any divers I feel to be massively undergraded (e.g. if Hutch is white lol) and anybody who is not in the fixture list.
  • All race winners will go up one grade for the remainder of the night. This can happen multiple times to one person, so if you start at white and win all four races, you will be Superstar for the final.
  • The grading split will be (roughly, because it will alter over the night):- SS 20%, Red 20%, Blue 20%, Yellow 20%, White 20%. The reason I've kept the split even is that the purpose of the grades is just to split the grid up, rather than 'realistic' grades.

Start Procedures

• On entry to race, drivers will not start racing straight away.
    • After the green light/flag drivers will be expected to drive slowly to their grid slot NOT hitting other cars in the process.
    • DO NOT race to your grade. Line up in the order given, two abreast, or in the order you appear on track in. However, due to real life skins this will be tricky so don't worry about it too much.
    • Grade positions:
      - Whites: half way down the back straight
      - Yellows: quarter of the way down the back straight
      - Blues: turn two
      - Reds: turn one
      - SS: two thirds down the home straight
    • In most cases there will be no race steward. Line up in grid slots and when everyone is ready someone will call "ANYONE NOT READY" follow by "ROLL AT 30". The race will start when the lead car exits turn four.

Racing Etiquette
      Some people may remember that the SNT league used to be pretty much a free-for-all. I have decided to keep all UKDirt rules and racing etiquette rules in this time though, as I've notice that when rules are softened for the winter, it sometimes sets the tone for the start of a real season. So sorry chaps, but it's full rules :rolleyes:
    • Drivers should race in the correct direction at all times.
    • Drivers should not use the infield in any circumstances - if you are spun out onto the infield, return carefully to the track!
    • There should be no deliberate take outs or follow ins, especially from lap(s) down - respect other drivers and you’ll be given respect yourself.
    • No talking during the race.
    • Basically… play nicely and all get along…!!! :)
Disciplinary Matters
  • Please, please, please remember that this is supposed to be a relaxed and fun series, run outside of the normal leagues to test the RFactor F1 Stockcar mod.
  • I do not want to have to be banning people, or dealing with complaints week after week.
  • However, if you do find yourself with cause for complaint, send a PM to me including replay and an overview of your complaint.
  • If incidents arise such that a complaints and disciplinary system has to be put into place - that will be dealt with at the time and amendments will be made here.
Edited by MoR137

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting format and Start procedures updated, Grading section added.

Cheers

MoR

PS - Fixtures will be sorted out later on in the day

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..