MSN hacked?

kendo912

Hiya chaps,

Can anyone offer me some advice on whether my hotmail/msn has been "hacked".

When i log into MSN, ineveitably there's 4 or 5 people whom have added me but i either don't know who they are or i choose not to accept there invitation so when i do log i normally get 4 or 5 windows from msn saying "bobtbuilder@hotmail.com has added you, do u want to accept?"

I've logged in this morning and i don't have those windows and the 4 or 5 people have been added to my contacts even though i haven't accepted them - Is this just normal or would you say that someone has logged in as me in the night via hotmail or MSN ?

Already changed passwords so it won't happen again, but just a bit concerend that maybe someone might have had access to my PC through the night via the boradband "always on" connection even though the PC was off - is this possible?

Hi mate, I have a Bt wireless boradband connection, Recently i had to start putting shut off times on my connection due to the fact some twat went onto our ip and was using our connection to send out illegal spam emails from the family ip, Incidently the emails happened to be asking for millions of people to put the bankcard details to fraud them into thinking it was an atcual emal from the bank,

It was there when i was told it was very much possibly for Hackers to get access to your ip and use it to get into settings msn/yahoo accounts and send emails where the provider would be confused over who sent them from the ip...

I advise switching the thing off a night, Its much safer, And if you have a wireless connection be sure to put a password code on the connection

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..